Clinical Research Manager
The University of Maryland Department of Psychiatry has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Research Manager. The Clinical Research Manager is responsible for managing the operations of a research program and providing administrative and technical support to the research activities within the Division of Addictions Research and Treatment. This position is responsible for ensuring design, development, documentation and implementation of research procedures and protocols using a variety of complex activities. The position contributes to creation of new program(s) or expansion of existing program(s). This position has the authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices.
This Exempt, Regular position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. The University of Maryland, Baltimore was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine. (Feb 2021) Essential Functions:
- Manage clinical research staff including training, scheduling, coordinating and delegating work, monitoring and evaluating performance to promote maximum staff member benefit and effectiveness as well as overall functional productivity.
- Develop and manage the development and execution of program research studies. Revise studies, in consultation with upper management or principal investigator, to meet changing needs and requirements and enforces standards.
- Manage clinical research operations including the budget, ensuring quality control and safety compliance, developing policies and procedures, and ordering supplies. Identify and address issues and deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Assemble and prepare literature research, editing and preparing manuscripts, scientific illustrations and computer graphics for publication.
- Provide for establishment or development of facility by evaluating equipment or machinery to be ordered, planning interactions with IT systems, and drafting Standard Operating Procedures for using new equipment.
- Foster and support a consultant/client environment, providing business unit and campus representatives with assessment, training, and advisement in research area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in scientific field of study related to the research of the clinical setting.
Experience: Six (6) years experience in clinical research including four (4) years in the relevant research specialization
Supervisory Experience: Two (2) years of direct supervision or responsibility for training, work coordination, and monitoring the work of others. The Hiring Range for this position is in the low to high $80,000s, commensurate with education and experience. If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 19, 2021, 10:59:00 PM