Assistant Director, Payroll
At Georgia State University, the Payroll, Time and Absence, and Payroll Accounting & Reporting department issues more than 100,000 payments each year to approximately 15,000 faculty, staff, and student employees within the university. The Payroll, Time and Absence, and Payroll Accounting & Reporting department seek to hire an Assistant Director, Payroll. The scope of responsibility will include these essential duties but is not limited to the following,
- Plans, directs, and manages the payroll functions for the university.
- Reviews, investigates and resolves exceptions to procedures, complaints, and errors related to paycheck compensation, employee status, leave accruals, and Time and Labor tracking.
- Manages the payroll process submission with Shared Services for centralized processing. Coordinates with Shared Services to resolve payroll and system issues.
- Manages and verifies tax payments against OneUSG reports for accuracy of tax payments submitted by OneUSG.
- Coordinates with HR, Benefits to ensure accuracy of employee records for payroll processing. Coordinates with Accounting Services to provide accurate reports are submitted to assist with reconciliation of payroll or operating account.
- Manages benefits reconciliation process and maintains a system of internal control related to payroll and benefits accounting. Manages garnishment workflow and accuracy.
- Assist with creating new and enhancing existing departmental policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree and three years of related supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
03/17/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Human Resource Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 02/26/21, 10:19:26 AM