At Georgia State University, the Payroll, Time and Absence, and Payroll Accounting & Reporting department issues more than 100,000 payments each year to approximately 15,000 faculty, staff, and student employees within the university. The Payroll, Time and Absence, and Payroll Accounting & Reporting department is seeking to hire an experienced and strategic Director, Payroll. This position leads the team responsible for ensuring GSU employees are properly compensated in a timely manner. The Payroll, Time and Absence, and Payroll Accounting & Reporting department is responsible for processing the biweekly and monthly payroll cycles, processing timely payments to Health & Welfare vendors and ensuring regulatory compliance within the area. The scope of responsibility will include these essential duties but is not limited to the following,
- Oversees the daily operations of Payroll, Time and Absence, and Payroll Accounting & Reporting. This includes strategic planning, operations, and customer service.
- Ensures employees are paid correctly and timely
- Ensures payments to Health & Welfare vendors and made timely
- Ensure compliance with various regulatory reporting
- Supervise, manage, train, and develop staff
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Consult/collaborate with other units for various projects/data requests, as needed.
- Serves as champion for the area within the university community. This includes participating with other units within the university community.
Bachelor's degree and six years of related supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience. Certification as a Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
03/17/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Human Resource Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 02/26/21, 10:19:40 AM