Lecturer - Social Work
PG190820EPInternal Recruitment :
Lecturer - Social WorkAnticipated Hiring Range:
$4,500 - $5,063 per courseWork Schedule:
To Be DeterminedJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
School of Social WorkAbout the Department:
North Carolina State University, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of Social Work (http://socialwork.chass.ncsu.edu/) offers undergraduate and graduate level education to a diverse student body of approximately 250 students. We are located in the Research Triangle Area, in Raleigh, North Carolina. The BSW generalist Social Work curriculum prepares graduates for entry-level social work practice, leadership, the delivery and evaluation of health and human services, as well as future graduate study. NC State is committed to excellence in research, scholarship, teaching, community extension and engagement.
The School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The Commission on Accreditation of CSWE is the sole body authorized to accredit BSW and MSW program in the United States.Essential Job Duties:
- The School of Social Work is accepting applications for the position of Professional Track Faculty Lecturer (part-time).
- Professional Track faculty positions range from one-semester or two-years, with the possibility of renewal.
- Successful candidates will teach 1-3 courses for the BSW (Bachelor of Social Work) and/or MSW (Masters of Social Work) programs including field education.
- Specific hiring needs for the upcoming academic year have yet to be determined.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department head.
- Requires master’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- The following qualifications and skills are required:
- Indirect or direct practice experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- The following qualifications and skills are preferred, but not required:
- An MSW (Masters of Social Work) for Social Work practice courses.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent for non-practice courses.
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker).
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/26/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- In addition to your application please submit a letter of application and CV/resume.
- Applicants may also optionally add any other documents that they may find relevant to their application under other document (1).
- Finalists may be required to submit letters of recommendation or complete telephone reference checks.
- Posting will remain open until Spring 2022 and Academic year 2021-2022 positions are filled.
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
0.225 - 0.75, depending on department needsAppointment:
9 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
162701 - School of Social WorkAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.