Technical Support Specialist
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224411
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
The primary mission of the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is to support teaching, learning, and assessment at Clayton State University. The Center’s consultants provide support to faculty, administrators, and staff in the areas of professional development, course and curricular development, student learning outcomes assessment, and instructional technology. The department plays a critical role in supporting the technology used in online and hybrid courses.Job Summary
Reporting to the Director of the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, this position provides technical support for the instructional technologies that are used to deliver blended and online courses/programs at Clayton State University. The position administers and manages enterprise software systems, equipment loan checkout system, and prepares/delivers workshops/training resources to faculty end users.Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary administrator for Kaltura, enterprise Adobe licensing, maintains the faculty-focused LendingTech equipment checkout system, deploys other CELT administered software packages, serves as backup Brightspace administrator.
- Consults with Director on CELT webpage development, troubleshoot instructional technology issues
- for faculty.
- Deliver workshops and develop training materials on the use of Brightspace, Kaltura, and other instructional software.
- Special Projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (preferred) or related field
- Experience: 1-year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience related to technical support and/or software administration, experience in a higher education setting (preferred), Experience writing code (preferred)
- Knowledge: Strong computer skills; Experience in Kaltura and D2L Brightspace (preferred)
- Skills: Excellent written/verbal communication skills; Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; Excellent interpersonal skills for dealing effectively with users while resolving technical issues; Troubleshooting of computer software and hardware
- Abilities: Ability to multi-task; Ability to learn quickly and work within critical time demands
For full consideration, applications need to be received prior to Friday, March 12th, 2021.Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.Special Applicant Instructions
To be considered for the position, please submit the following:
2) Cover Letter
3) List of three (3) references
Please note: References will only be contacted for finalists and you will be made aware prior to your references being contacted.