Degree Credit Evaluator
Job Title: Degree Credit Evaluator
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224342
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Degree Credit Evaluator for the Gainseville campus. This position will track and maintain degree credit for students as they progress towards their educational goals and will assist in final degree checks for graduation. In addition, this position will assist with other Registrar¿s Office services. This position will provide courteous telephone, in-person and electronic mail services to current and former students, faculty, and staff.Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining online degree evaluations of students.
- Assist in completing final degree audits for graduation candidates.
- Assist individuals by phone, email or in person with various Registrar¿s Office services.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable about FERPA guidelines and University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
- Must be proficient in use of web navigation and knowledge about Windows software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of professional office experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Prefer experience with Ellucian Banner, Degree Works, Microsoft Office suite, and general use of computers.
- Cover letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references