Peer Finance Tutor (Dahlonega) - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Peer Finance Tutor (Dahlonega) - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224515
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Peer Finance Tutors for the Dahlonega campus. The Peer tutor is responsible for tutoring students in university-level courses and assisting students, faculty, and staff with all services provided by UNG tutoring centers. This position is "as needed." It is student-need driven and the hours worked can vary from week to week.Responsibilities
- Tutor students will help students in the respective subjects.
- Integrate study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
- Complete the required 10-hour tutor training in addition to at least 25 hours of actual tutoring time, in accordance with College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) certification requirements.
- Complete required documentation, including client report forms as instructed by your supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable of and make appropriate referrals to other campus resources; inform the supervisor of such referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills,and Abilities
- Able to establish rapport and communicate well with students.
- Competency of subject matter with the ability to break down and explain component parts in a concise but clear manner.
- Must be friendly and personable; empathetic towards fellow students.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Must have an A or B in prospective courses tutor wishes to cover.
- Must have and maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.3.
- Must obtain a recommendation from a professor in respective subject.
- Experience in taking an online or hybrid course a plus.
- Tutoring or mentoring experience a plus.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.