The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreHousing Facilities Services (HFS) is a comprehensive facility management operation that provides around-the-clock support for 25 residence halls, 6 graduate and family housing complexes, 5 dining facilities and several administrative and auxiliary buildings across 167 acres of landscape. The department serves over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project management, capital construction, housekeeping, and groundskeeping operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to give residents the best living experience possible.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeGeneral Grounds Maintenance:
- Maintain assigned landscape areas in accordance with industry standard Best Management Practices (BMP).
- Perform general landscape maintenance activities including bed maintenance, hardscape cleaning, mulch installation and string trimming.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of asphalt, concrete, flagstone and pervious paver surfaces.
- Assist with landscape construction projects as needed.
- Look after ornamental plants and trees through accurate pruning, fertilizing and hand watering.
- Control weeds in turf, bed and hardscape areas using approved cultural practices.
- Supervise landscape areas and report problems, such as overly wet or dry conditions, plant health issues and safety concerns.
- Assist with trash collection and litter pick-up in assigned work area including turf panels, landscape beds, hardscapes, window and stair wells, water ways and native areas.
- Report vandalism, illegal postings, trash and recycling issues to Work Leader and/or Supervisor.
- Remove snow and ice from streets, parking lots, sidewalks and other areas as assigned.
- Apply sand/salt or anti-icing chemical mixtures using various equipment.
- May be required to assist with snow removal and ice abatement in other areas as needed.
- Responsible for the accurate use, maintenance of all assigned equipment (tractors, large mowers, vehicles, GUVs, 2 cycle equipment, hand tools, etc.).
- Complete regularly assigned preventative maintenance (PMs) and schedule additional maintenance or repairs as needed.
- Immediately report any missing equipment and all accidents that result in physical damage to University vehicle(s) or property to Supervisor.
- Adhere to all University safety guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for the safe operation of vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Seek instruction on safe operating procedures from Supervisor as needed and use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- The salary for this position is $38,424.
- One year of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Associate’s degree or certificate in horticulture or related field.
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by March 14, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.Essential Services
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]