Posting Number: SRGV4900
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: College of Engineering and Computer Science / Mechanical Engineering
Scope of Job:
To assist in the operation of the UTRGV TexPREP program and various COSE outreach activities, exercising independent judgment and authority as required. Responsible for all phases of the TexPREP program, including financial accounting of TexPREP accounts, program selection, staff supervision, recruitment efforts, informational meetings, recommendations for future planning, and innovation.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates multiple programs and projects for various K-12 student populations and partnerships.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of multiple programs and projects in accordance with specified objectives.
• Coordinates or assist with various college events primarily related to K-12 populations such as educational conferences, workshops, outreach, and seminars.
• Coordinates all aspects of TexPREP program to include program development, financial accounting, budget planning, staffing, recruitment, implementation, safety, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Coordinates the student recruitment process for various programs by interviewing, evaluating, and selecting eligible program participants.
• Responsible for implementing practices that protect minors participating in programs and events.
• Provides information and support to assist students and families/guardians in completing essential post-secondary transition processes.
• Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities and personnel of the assigned programs and projects to include scheduling program outreach at public school sites across the RGV.
• Develops and conducts professional development for program staff and student employees.
• Develops and supervises the implementation of assigned new outreach projects or programs.
• Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the programs.
• Develops program budget proposals for revenue generating programs to support department operations.
• Assists in writing and developing grant proposals and contracts to create K-12 partnership opportunities between UTRGV and regional school districts.
• Creates and coordinates the various content specific activities departmental programs.
• Creates presentations to represent the department in official functions.
• Drafts brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts for multiple programs and audiences.
• Plans, develops, organizes, and coordinates evaluation and survey designs for continuous program improvement.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
• Conducts formative and summative evaluation of all department programs and projects.
• Creates monthly and annual reports for various programs for various stakeholders.
• Provides ongoing staff development, on site demonstrations and field-based experiences related to projects or programs.
• Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding program policies and procedures.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• Responsible for screening, interviewing, hiring, training, and mentoring of student employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from TexPREP program director.
Supervises all assigned professional and support personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related field from an accredited university.
Education, Business, STEM
• Three (3) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• One (1) year of the required experience with a Master’s degree, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience working with K-12 programming and partnership development.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office or classroom or outside environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. There are times throughout the year that will require frequent evening and weekend work. The months of June, July, and part of August will require daily evening work and weekend work as the college and TexPREP program host and is responsible for multiple short and long-term summer programs involving minors, some of which, include overnight trips. Particular project or program will require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on-site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment and for event and conference set up. Must be able to move between buildings, offices, and classrooms.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem-solving ability. Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities. Must be able to multi-task and complete various program requirements to meet deadlines.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/24/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27519
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency