Posting Number: SRGV4909
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Finance and Administration
Scope of Job:
To perform highly skilled work involving immediate supervision of a major area of an accounting system or other large business area. Responsibilities include the application of advanced accounting knowledge and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the preparation of a variety of complex, regular and special financial reports and statements.
Description of Duties:
• Assumes direct responsibility for daily operations of a major section of an accounting system or large business area.
• Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures related to financial management, budget, accounting and payroll functions.
• Coordinates the activities of assigned employees to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Initiates, designs, and implements accounting procedures and controls for subsystems within each major section.
• Assigns various duties to employees within a major section and is directly responsible for their performance.
• Researches and recommends solutions to problems which arise in the daily course of business.
• Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determine appropriate corrective actions and procedures.
• Projects future needs and requirements for the assigned area.
• Provides expert knowledge and guidance in preparing the monthly financial report, the comprehensive annual financial report, various cost reports, and special projects as required.
• Reviews changes in University of Texas System Administration or other governmental agency regulations, and is responsible for ensuring that the accounting system is in compliance with these regulations.
• Keeps up to date with accounting principles and any other federal, state, UT System or applicable accounting changes.
• Approves vouchers, claims, payrolls, and other documents for processing.
• Interviews prospective employees and makes recommendations as to their suitability for employment.
• Reviews and studies accounting procedures, and suggests and/or assists in developing more efficient procedures and methodologies.
• Other duties may be assigned.
General direction from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned support staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Management or related field from an accredited University.
Three (3) years’ of accounting experience.
The above required experience acquired in Higher Education.
Personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work may be required.
Ability to work effectively in team environment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/15/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27493
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency