CGHS - Nursing Programs Chair (remote)
Candidates will have an unencumbered active RN license in the US, a master’s and an academic doctorate in a related field, and at least 3 years’ experience in academic administration of graduate and doctoral nursing programs. Preferred qualifications are an MSN plus an academic doctorate in nursing, (e.g., DNP, PhD in Nursing, or EdD with emphasis in nursing education), experience with curriculum development, involvement and familiarity with the CCNE accreditation process, membership in AACN, and experience teaching in online graduate education. The program chair reports to the associate dean for academics and assessment. For full consideration, applications should be received by March 29, 2021.
ATSU is a fully accredited graduate health professions institution. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind, and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at: www.atsu.eduResponsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and implementing program strategic plans,
- Representing the program in the university,
- Developing community partnerships and interdisciplinary relationships,
- Managing the program's budgets,
- Developing, supervising, and evaluating program faculty,
- Overseeing curriculum development,
- Assessing educational outcomes to ensure ongoing program development,
- Ensuring programmatic compliance with accreditation standards, and institutional/departmental policies,
- Participating in and advancing teaching, service, and scholarship, and
- Supporting student recruitment and retention efforts
The Program Chair also participates on the CGHS Leadership Team to make managerial decisions, chairs the program Curriculum and Admissions committees, serves on internal and external committees to promote student success, works with Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure high quality courses, and works with Academic Advisors to ensure student retention and success.
Special characteristics or personality traits of the successful candidate will include:
- Self-motivated, works well independently and in a group,
- Positive attitude, flexible, willing to learn,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Interacts in a collegial and professional manner with everyone in the CGHS and ATSU communities,
- Excellent skills in: Computer and learning management system use, scholarly writing, budgeting, written and verbal communication, problem-solving, decision-making, critical thinking, organizing, interpersonal interactions, conflict management, and time management.
Applicants interested in applying for this position should: Complete the employment application online at atsu.edu/cghs-1572 and attach a cover letter, curriculum vita, and the names and contact information (phone & email) of three professional references.
Inquiries about the position may be directed to:
Jim Farris, PT, PhD
Nursing Program Chair Search Committee, Chair
A.T. Still University, College of Graduate Health Studies
5850 East Still Circle
Mesa, Arizona 85206
ATSU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, harassment, and retaliation are forms of discrimination prohibited by ATSU.