Administrative Assistant II
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Physical Medical and Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy Program
Administrative Assistant II
Position #00781568 – Requisition #20302
Examples of Work Performed:Job duties for the Department of PM&R (0.5FTE):Specific duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant may include, but are not limited to, the following:Reception and Administrative Support
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Pick up, sort and distribute mail from mailroom.
- Answer the main telephone line and email for Department of PM&R
- Set-up conference rooms for meetings and clean-up conference rooms after meetings.
- File various documents for department.
- Conference room and event scheduling.
- Support Residency Coordinator as needed, including during interviews, orientation and other events – may include evenings and weekends.
- Process reimbursements and travel for faculty and staff.
- Manage faculty professional development funds and balances ensuring regular communication regarding balance and policy regarding use of those funds.
- Manage and book travel and conferences for faculty and staff.
- Coordinate and manage Med Legal activities for the PM&R providers including, scheduling, invoicing and communications.
- Processing of membership dues and other related credentialing expenses.
- Provide reception to PM&R Administration, including telephone and in-person reception.
- Schedule and manage pertinent meetings: including developing agendas sending invitations, arrange for room locations and catering, if needed.
- Responsible for general appearance and upkeep of department common areas.
- Assist with web space and coordinating use of office space to ensure good work flow and office functionality.
- Assist with scheduling classrooms and adjusting classroom requirements as needed throughout the semester. This involves working within the EMS university system.
- Lab management
- Manage annual equipment inventory
- Manage supply inventory
- Review & ensure working order of equipment
- Liaise with housekeeping
- Liaise with OIT for A/V system in educational laboratory spaces
- Manage ordering and usage of supplies and linens
- Work with assigned faculty and staff on equipment maintenance
- Train and supervise student employees
- Ensure documentation of online tracking of lab cleaning as required
- Coordinate office changes
- Submit requests for disposal of equipment/supplies
- Maintain copy room and shared spaces
- Travel management: coordinate with employees and university travel office to ensure compliance within budgetary restraints. This includes transportation, lodging, per diem, and other travel-related needs.
- Process reimbursements as needed.
- Prepare deposits of cash and checks according to cash control processes.
- Order general office supplies.
- Annually mine for tuition comparison data and create presentation of data.
- Prepare agendas with program employees and take minutes for meetings, which includes bimonthly program meetings.
- Administer program handbook by ensuring policies are updated and timely changes are made.
- Create various forms.
- Create and implement emergency plan.
- Provide cross-coverage for administrative staff as needed.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $34,752 - $38,424.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience working in academic management.
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience working in a higher education, healthcare or academic medical environment
- Experience utilizing MS Excel or similar software to manage data and create reports
- Experience with event coordination, from planning to clean-up
- Experience working with CU systems such as CU Marketplace and EMS Web
- Make appropriate decisions about priorities and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skilled in decision-making and problem resolution
- Demonstrate accuracy in all details; is able to record and report effectively
- Well-organized, able to work independently and with teams
- Effective communication skills to foster and maintain good working relationships
- Professionally represent the PT Program
- Skilled in independent judgment and discretion and confidentiality
- Available to serve as a resource so that needs of program constituents are met
- Flexible to adapt to various situations and environments.
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 24, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing