Systems & Network Programmer, Sr
Closing Date: 3/19/21*
*For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Starting Salary: $8,850.42 (per month) - $9,751.63 plus excellent benefits; Salary Grade: C1-72
Full Salary Range: $8,850.42 - $11,862.82 (per month)
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Foothill - De Anza Community College District, composed of two colleges and an education center, is one of the top performing districts in both California and the United States, and one of the largest, ranking seventh in size among the state's 72 districts, serving more than 58,500 students per year and with an operating budget of $180M unrestricted general fund. Consistent with its mission, the District has a strong commitment to equity and inclusion and incorporates those values in its policies, procedures, and operations, and in its leadership and service to students and the community. Publicly supported and locally oriented, the District fills an essential role in workforce development, continuing education, and skills preparation to meet the changing demands of the highly diverse surrounding population and business communities. The District's students and more than 2,000 faculty and staff enjoy an unparalleled quality of life in an ideal climate, with physically pristine and fiscally sound campuses that have earned their reputation for academic excellence.
FOOTHILL - DE ANZA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, serve as a project leader. Applies advanced skill and knowledge of complex network protocols and knowledge of multiple operating systems in gathering, analyzing, synthesizing, planning and designing unique and original solutions for integrating networks and/or updating existing and new systems.
This position is a senior team member of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District's IT Department's Project Management Office Group.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support and enhance the District's system infrastructure and hardware platform both in AWS cloud and On-Prem Data Centers that supports the critically important student information systems & portal software, email firewall software and Virtualization infrastructure (both Windows and Unix/Linux based) both On-Prem and in AWS Cloud with any new system, network and security update needs of a large-sized California multi-college district. In addition, the position will participate in medium to large size projects in support of the District's ERP (Ellucian's Banner), Portal and Email firewall systems; implementing Linux based virtual servers to integrate 3rd-party-provided and in-house-developed applications securely with the students/staff-facing web portal.
The Systems & Network Programmer I maintains systems and/or network configurations, and troubleshoots and diagnose routine systems problems. In addition to the types of duties performed by the Systems & Network Programmer I, the Systems & Network Programmer II develops systems and/ or network configurations and run diagnostics to forecast performance thresholds. The Senior Systems & Network Programmer applies advanced skill and knowledge of complex network protocols and knowledge of multiple operating systems in gathering, analyzing, synthesizing, planning and designing unique and original solutions for integrating networks and/or updating existing and new systems. Serves as project leader.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly evaluate new and emerging technology and apply to innovative network solutions in the context of institutional needs.
- Resolve the most complex network problems.
- Evaluate complex network performance analysis and recommend appropriate action to supervisor.
- Act as technical liaison for network product or system vendors.
- Install, support, maintain and program databases or networks for the District as assigned.
- Research and perform analysis to identify system expansions to meet anticipated future requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain network software including network monitoring and security software.
- Install, configure and maintain software for routers, bridges, switches and other network devices.
- Develop original solutions for inter/intra operability network maintenance and support results in the creation of policies and procedures to ensure ongoing continuity.
- Communicate with outside organizations regarding computer maintenance, materials and product capabilities.
- Compare multiple database systems and present recommendations to supervisor.
- Research and recommend new architecture of applications for maximum technical advantage.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, software applications and languages utilized by the District.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of data base structures and computer programming.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty and working knowledge of related specialties.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Apply independent technical judgment to complex technical situations.
- Coordinate schedules and resources with systems and network programmers and users.
- Apply extensive application of knowledge in integrating network protocols to complex solutions and understanding relationships between applications.
- Perform duties to assure proper operations of the computer systems for the District including UNIX and VMS computers to provide resources for the staff, faculty and students.
- Operate computers and peripheral equipment properly and efficiently.
- Diagnose and understand reasons for system failures.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Work independently with little direction and provide work directions to others.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field .
- Five (5) years experience in computer programming, computer systems and network development responsibilities.
- Office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, 12-months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html. In addition, the District is a participating member of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) and the successful applicant would be a member of the Association of Classified Employees (ACE) Union. The current union agreement can be found online at: http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/2018-2021%20ACE%20Agreement.pdf.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: [email protected]
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/245?c=fhda
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency