Executive Assistant, Josef Korbel School of International Studies
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is an interdisciplinary professional school of international studies that prepares students for careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Our program provides students with the knowledge, skills, and networks to design policies, implement programs, and realize outcomes that enhance human capabilities around the world.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the Associate Dean for Research and Faculty Affairs and the Assistant Dean for External Engagement (AD's) and their efforts to advance research and engaged scholarship at the Korbel School. The person hired will operate with a great latitude of discretion. Under indirect supervision and working independently, the Administrative Assistant will provide a wide range of administrative, logistical, and project support to the AD's and serve as an initial point of contact for a variety of constituencies. This work includes but is not limited to scheduling meetings, coordinating faculty and staff hiring processes, planning a monthly research seminar series, composing research-related communications to the school community, tracking data and documents, and executing special projects such as the internal research award process. The person in this position must respond effectively to questions and concerns raised by the faculty, staff, students, and external partners. It will be vital that the person assuming these responsibilities has the ability to ensure timely workflow while keeping the AD's apprised of information in addition to monitoring critical phases of projects and initiatives.
Applicants should be resourceful, collaborative, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position will interact with faculty, staff, and administration and exercise discretion in the coordination of sensitive and confidential information and materials.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the AD's, including on special projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate and schedule a variety of meetings, which may include distributing meeting materials, taking meeting minutes, managing calendars, coordinating room reservations, and/or catering needs.
- Coordinate faculty and staff recruitment and hiring process by organizing applicant materials, scheduling meetings and interviews, and communicating with applicants and members of the respective hiring committees.
- Assist with the submission of faculty and research center grant applications, for both internal and external competitions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience.
- 5 years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience.
- Previous experience providing administrative support at the executive level.
- Previous experience working in a higher education setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. May require evenings and weekends as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, March 12th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $58,000 - $65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.