RN, Clinical Ladder- 8 West Inpatient Oncology (Night Shift) - Sign On Bonus
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-07
Up to $15,000 available in sign-on. Bonus based on years of recent oncology RN experience. Relocation assistance up to $5,000 may also be available. For additional information, reach out to Kara Fox at [email protected]
Inpatient Oncology consists of two shared units: 8 West and Stem Cell Transplant Unit (SCTU). 8 West is an acute oncology unit with a total of 30 beds. The common patient population includes: Hematology Oncology such as Leukemia and Lymphoma; and solid organ malignancies such as GYN and Neuro oncology. Stem Cell Transplant is an intermediate unit (IMU) with a total of 15 beds where patients undergo the elective procedure of a stem cell transplant from a donor or themselves. 8 West nurse to patient ratio is 1:4 for both day and night shifts, while SCTU has a ratio of 1:3. There is a free-floating shift manager for each shift. Opportunities available to shadow: Medical Emergency Team (MET), Wound Care, Interventional Radiology, Cancer Center and more.
Relocation assistance up to $5,000.00 may be available. Please reach out to Kara Fox at [email protected] for additional information.
Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.