Sports & Wellness Instructor
The Division of Athletics & Recreation at the University of Denver is currently seeking part-time sports and wellness instructors for the following activities: swimming, gymnastics, skating, basketball, lacrosse, and soccer. We are also seeking part-time group fitness and safety certification instructors.
Provide instruction for group and/or private lessons within one of the following sports and wellness programs at the Ritchie Center: Learn to Swim; Learn Gymnastics; Learn to Skate; Learn to Play Hockey; Learn to Play Basketball; Learn to Play Lacrosse or Learn to Play Soccer; group fitness classes; and safety certification courses such as CPR/First Aid/AED and Lifeguarding.
These are non-benefited, part-time positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Lead sport-based "learn to" instructional programs for youth and adult participants.
- Assist with, record and communicate the progressive development of participants.
- Lead group fitness classes for DU students, faculty/staff and Ritchie Center members.
- Lead safety certification courses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service for all Ritchie Center participants and customers.
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, or willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Program-specific coaching/instructor certifications (as required by specific programs).
Part-time, hours will vary depending upon position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade numbers are 3-7 depending upon the position.
$14.77 - $17.50 Learn to Swim Instructor
$14.77 - $20.00 Learn Gymnastics Instructor
$14.77 - $30.00 Learn to Skate/Play Hockey Instructor
$14.77 - $20.00 Additional Learn to Play Sports Programs Instructor
$18.00 - $30.00 Group Fitness Instructor
$17.00 - $25.00 Safety Certification Instructor
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.