Sports & Wellness Coach
The Division of Athletics & Recreation at the University of Denver is currently seeking part-time coaches for the following programs: Hilltoppers Swimming, Jr. Pioneers Hockey, Jr. Pioneers Gymnastics; and a variety of its Club Sport programs. Additional coaching opportunities are available in the areas of wellness coaching and personal training. Positions will be filled as needed.
Provide coaching within one of the following youth programs: Hilltoppers Swimming, Jr. Pioneers Hockey or Jr. Pioneers Gymnastics; student programs: Club Sports; or community programs: Wellness & Personal Training. Coaches work in coordination with Ritchie Center program managers to facilitate practices, competition events, and other coaching responsibilities.
These are non-benefited, part-time positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Lead practices and provide player development for assigned practice group or team.
- Coach at competition events (as needed).
- Assist with team operations and communication (as needed).
- Provide individualized training plans and group coaching programs (as needed).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service for all Ritchie Center participants and customers.
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, or willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Sport-specific coaching certifications (as required by specific programs).
Part-time, hours will vary depending upon position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade numbers are 3-7 depending upon the position.
$15.00 - $22.00 Hilltoppers Swimming Coach
$14.77 - $20.00 Gymnastics Coach
$20.00 - $40.00 Gymnastics Private Coach
$15.00 - $20.00 Youth Hockey Coach
$15.00 - $35.00 Club Sports Coach
$20.00 - $40.00 Wellness Coach/Personal Trainer
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.