ACADEMIC TALENT ACQUISITION CONSULTANT #00071392
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35755
Hiring Department Human Resources Application DeadlineOpen Until Filled Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit Eligible Salary$50,000-$55,000/annuallyJob Description
The position is a full-cycle recruiter and talent acquisition consultant dedicated to recruiting scholars, educators, and researchers to join Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T), including the Kummer Institute for Student Success, Research and Economic Development. The Academic Talent Acquisition Consultant will support academic schools, colleges, and divisions and senior academic administrators in developing and delivering exceptional recruitment and onboarding services for faculty and academic hires.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Academic Talent Acquisition Consultant will collaborate with campus and system colleagues to ensure utilization of available recruitment services, tools and expertise and onboarding experiences. This position will focus on delivering efficient, effective outcomes in recruiting of tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty members and other academic positions as requested. This position may work directly with the University of Missouri System Executive Recruitment team on selected positions as appropriate.
- Key recruitment components include: attract, search, source and screen, networking, and lead generation.
- Confer and partner with academic administrators and deans, department chairpersons, center directors, etc., and hiring committees to develop a comprehensive understanding of departments and their strategic objectives in order to implement recruitment strategies to meet current and future faculty staffing needs.
- Author effective job announcements and execute the job posting process for internal mechanisms and external publications/websites. Maintain relevant employment brand standards and recruitment materials and media (including websites, appropriate social network sites, etc.)
- Coordinate the screening and selection activities of strategic recruitments including assessments, interviews, testing, reference checks; and negotiate and extend offers of employment. Ensure that hiring managers and search chairs are provided relevant training and resources related to legal, diversity, and best practices in hiring.
- Conduct follow-up assessments with administrators and committees and new hires in order to continually improve upon services and experience.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of recruiting activities to support Missouri S&T’s affirmative action obligations and efforts.
- Provide high level expertise for routine and complex problems as they relate to recruitment.
- Work and communicate closely with the academic employment specialist and other members of the Human Resources team to ensure continuity and efficiency throughout the various stages in recruitment processes.
Successful candidates will be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills. They must demonstrate customer service, collaboration, confidentiality, integrity and a strong commitment to inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity in their activities.Minimum Qualifications
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: