Student Assistant - Student Ambassador
Job Title: Student Assistant - Student Ambassador
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224132
Student ambassadors take great pride in being a Grizzly and showcasing all that GGC has to offer. The Student Ambassador Program is a key function of the Office of Admission's Recruitment Team, and strives to be a direct representation of GGC's diverse student body. Students selected as a member of the program, serve as official GGC representatives. They are empowered with the skills to excite and educate prospective students, families, school groups and the general public about programs, resources and student life at GGC. Student ambassadors report to the Admission Events Manager.Responsibilities
- Represent the Office of Admissions at recruitment events both virtually and in-person.
- Be a source of information regarding your personal GGC experience, GGC's degrees, programs, campus services and student life.
- Conduct virtual and in-person campus tours for prospective students and their families and K-12 student groups.
- Participate in other peer-to-peer recruitment efforts: call campaigns, student panels, Instagram Takeovers, etc.
- Assist with daily admission tasks, included but not limited to: creating social media content, data entry, assembling admission packets, answering emails, calling prospective students and event preparation.
- Lead admissions tour presentations as needed.
- Transport campus tour guests across campus using the GGC shuttle or golf cart.
- Collaborate with the recruitment staff on projects as needed.
- Assist with the training and recruitment of new ambassadors, once fully trained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work a minimum of 6 hours per week.
- The primary duty of a student ambassador, is to lead in-person campus tours. Student ambassadors must be available to work a minimum of 1 in-person campus tour per week. Spring 2021 tour times: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 3 - 4:30 p.m. Campus tours are offered year round, with the exception of during school closings. Tour times are subject to change each semester.
- Student ambassadors are expected to work large recruitment events hosted on select Saturdays throughout the fall and spring semesters.
- Student ambassadors are required to participate in all mandatory training sessions, monthly meetings and events.
- Student ambassadors are required to wear a college-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the college to the community are clearly identified as such.
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at GGC by date of hire, and maintains 6 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters while working in the Office of Admissions at GGC.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 grade point average at the time of application and is to be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must be able to interact professionally with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Possess good customer service, organizational and time-management skills.
- Have an awareness of GGC resources
- Willingness to learn about all aspects of GGC, including but not limited to: admission requirements and processes, academic majors and programs, student resources and student life.
- Students involved in a GGC co-curricular or extra-curricular activity. Examples include: RSOs, Honors Program, Honors Societies, study abroad, internships, etc.
- Experience creating social media content.
- Minimum of 2 years remaining at GGC
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]