Building Automation Systems Operator
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) currently has an opening for a Building Automation Systems Operator to join Department of Operations and Planning.
- Functions as a physical plant operating engineer providing review, coordination, and working support for the daily operations of campus building automation systems.
Assist Management in meeting unit objectives.
- Review and maintain the required redundancy for the chilled water loops, recommend inter-connections where appropriate and minimize pumping energy requirements.
- Program the building automation systems computers and ATC systems to reflect current operational requirements, alarm settings and protocols. Monitor changing conditions and correct from control station. Reprogram as necessary to reflect new parameters.
- Monitor and resolve issues regarding the campus physical HVAC plants using building automation systems to maintain system operations. Escalate issues as necessary.
- Develops and implement seasonal environmental parameters for the campus to optimize the HVAC plants.
- Consult with management in reviewing and recommending changes for building system operations. Perform benefit and cost analyses to support changes to systems and replacement of system components.
- Integrate and coordinate building automation activities closely with the Design and Contraction and Operations and Maintenance management and staff, and supporting contractors.
- Inspect building automation systems to ensure working efficiently. Identify systems malfunction and determine process to correct or reset.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Experience: Five (5) years related experience in the mechanical field including at least two (2) years of hands-on experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Supervisory Experience: N/A
- Certification/Licensure: Valid Maryland State driver’s license. HVAC certification and licensure preferred
- Other: Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge. Needs to see a personal fit with the Administration and Finance Guiding Principles which closely mirror UMB’ core values: Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Knowledge, Leadership, Communication, & Work/Life Balance.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Division of Facilities Maintenance
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 11, 2021, 11:59:00 PM