Manager of Chancellor’s Office Operations
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Manager of Chancellor’s Office Operations
Position # 00781814 – Requisition #20275
- Ensures the highest and best use of the chancellor’s time
- Works in coordination with the chancellor and chancellor’s office staff to plan regular interaction with key audiences
- Plans and manages requests for chancellor’s presence to ensure strategic and balanced use of the chancellor’s time with key constituencies and for university events, community interactions, travel, speaking engagements, etc.
- Oversees and confirms the staff are properly scheduling and managing the Chancellor’s calendar.
- Establishes systems to ensure office efficiency
- In collaboration with the budget office, manages budget and financial matters in the chancellor’s office.
- Promotes positive, welcoming, service-oriented culture in chancellor’s office
- Oversight of the chancellor’s schedule and preparedness for commitments
- Works closely and effectively with the chancellor to anticipate and keep her prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Researches, gathers, organizes, and summarizes information for briefings to ensure that the chancellor is prepared for every meeting
- Provides logistical oversight and guidance to each activity and meeting attended by the chancellor, on and off campus
- Provides secondary supervision to the chancellor’s executive assistant to ensure the chancellor’s calendar is up-to-date and contains all necessary background and logistical information
- In concert with the chancellor, prioritizes time requests when scheduling and rescheduling commitments
- Provides efficient and effective delivery and integration of operations for the executive office including oversight of calendar, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, and coordination with a broad range of contacts
- Primary point of contact for internal and external constituents on all matters pertaining to Chancellor
- Leads team support activities such as: prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously and proactively, follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressure, and sometimes with last-minute changes
- Ensures adherence to all CU policies
- Manages every detail of travel, locally, nationally and internationally
- Ensures appropriate communication emanating from the office of the chancellor relative to time commitments and operational details
- Plans and executes officewide events such as team building and celebratory events, and supports off-site events for university leadership
- Pro-actively updates chancellor’s office staff to ensure smooth and efficient workflow of the office
- Collaborates closely with chief of staff, provost, communications and other team members
- Researches and completes ad hoc projects
- Partners in the development of strategies, goals, and objectives to increase operational efficiency
- Assures administrative staff in the chancellor’s office maintain appropriate storage of official documents and they are retrievable as needed
- The above is not an exhaustive list and the manager will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $85,000 to $100,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125About CU Denver
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Five years of experience in administrative or operational management
- Experience working in large, complex organizations
- Experienced professional use of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience supporting CEO or senior-level executives and managing complex and sensitive issues
- Experience that lends itself to a comprehensive knowledge of higher education organizational culture, policies, and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively prioritize
- Able to work independently and successfully with reliable professional judgment, often under time pressure
- Advanced written, verbal, and professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with extreme discretion
- Collaborative, team player
- Creative problem solver
- Adaptable, able to negotiate, interact well with a wide variety of people
- Record of providing the highest level of customer service
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and complex academic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to balance many priorities, sometimes with tight deadlines
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 24, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing