University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Business School - Jake Jabs Center of Entrepreneurship (JJCE)
Position #680321 – Requisition #20307
The Program Coordinator for the Jake Jabs Center of Entrepreneurship (JJCE) plays an integral role in the operations of the Center while also supporting the strategic initiatives for the JJCE. This position is responsible for a multitude of duties in student services, enrollment management, communications, outreach and center operations. This position will report primarily to the Associate Director of Operations.Professional Field
Advising, Student Services, Project Management, Events, Procurement or related fieldsSupervision Received
Reports to Associate Director of OperationsSupervision Exercised
No formal supervision. Examples of Work Performed
Student Services & Enrollment Management
- Plan, develop, and implement the process for the Entrepreneurship schedule of courses, including finalizing all teaching schedules and working with Program Directors to manage degree offerings and certificate offerings for all Entrepreneurship offerings
- Establish effective communication procedures for advising Business School departments and key decision makers about the schedule of courses and all related details.
- Work with program directors and mangers to develop, administer, and analyze regular surveys of students and alumni, and other surveys as requested.
- Provide any curriculum data needed to comply with reporting requirements, including data required by external accrediting agencies and as part of the university outcomes assessment and program review processes.
- Coordinate the waitlist process each term; tracking course capacity overloads, Quick-Enrolling students into sections, and ensuring waitlisted students obtain access to Canvas.
- Provide analysis of enrollment data to program directors to assist with course scheduling and to determine enrollment limit adjustments
- Work in consultation with the program directors to add or cancel course sections based upon needs analysis.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of degree plans and course completion plans for the program used by Business School advisors
- Management coding on the integrated student information system (CU-SIS).
- Ensure inclusion of new courses on CU-SIS following the campus University Curriculum Committee process.
- Assess and resolve faculty access issues including initial provisioning to CU-SIS, class rosters, grade reporting and Canvas access issues.
- Demonstrate discretion and analytical skill as the lead point of contact for the Center. Duties include; managing JJCEE e-mailbox and phone inquiries from prospective students, program requests from current students, explain details of various JJCE offerings (such as multiple certificates and dual degree programs), provide technical support on registration, payment, transcript requests, student email, and other university processes, and support for graduate/undergraduate advising specific to center curriculum and opportunities as they arise.
- Collaborate with Business School departments, campus services, and administration to provide services to current students as needed (Admissions, Financial Aid, Bursar’s Office, Veteran and Military Student Services, Registrar and University Curriculum Committee).
- Research and resolve student record issues, such as duplicated records, name changes, adds/drops, missing grades, registration ineligibility as a result of financial or other reasons, etc.
- Maintain quality control around student progress, track former, current, and prospective students through certificate process into possible major dual/major tracks and monitor student completion of certificate programs and provide or facilitate the dissemination of requested documentation to partner organizations.
- Develops scholarship application and serves on the Jake Jabs Center for Entrepreneurship scholarship committee.
- Participate in general Business School recruitment efforts and representing the center and assisting in creating, developing, and hosting informational sessions, open houses, presentations and other events.
- Maintain and update the Center’s website copy, campus catalog, and Canvas courses establishing JJCE production calendar and communicate effectively to provide regular updates to program directors advising academic programs and key decision makers about the schedule of courses and all related details.
- Manage alumni relations, which includes creating, maintaining and improving internal database, updating contact information, and/or outreach to alumni.
- Oversees all procurement matters for the program including: contract processing, paying invoices, reimbursement processing, and reconciliation; this position will hold a procurement card and will handle purchasing for the program.
- Designs processes for invoices and billing to streamline program operations.
- Support the completion of faculty contracts and circulate to necessary parties for appropriate execution.
- Assist in planning and execution of recurring program events, speaker series, and student functions. This may include: invoicing, travel reimbursements, and payments via procurement card and/or university accounts payable system.
- Arrange schedules to ensure front desk coverage during all open hours, including extended evening and weekend hours.
- Maintain internal calendars for meeting rooms, staff schedules, and in-house events.
- Coordinate orders for office supplies and other office equipment and program supplies used by the Center; oversee the supplies in Center spaces.
- Participate in other program activities and initiatives as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, higher education administration, psychology, business, public administration, educational technology, communications, accounting, finance, marketing, or any related field from an accredited institution
- Substitution: years of experience can substitute on a year for year basis for a bachelor’s degree
- One year of professional-level experience working in higher education with students, faculty or campus departments
- Two years of experience working at an institution of higher education
- Experience managing & supporting events, including planning, scheduling, and logistics
- Experience using Student Information Systems and/or CRM systems, such as Slate, MailChimp, Salesforce, Oracle, Ellucian, etc.
- Experience with PeopleSoft finance and/or procurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with a variety of business and/or higher education concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on knowledge, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 25, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing