Associate/Full Professor, NTE
Medical ImagingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona – Department of Medical Imaging is seeking an inspirational leader and fellowship-trained radiologist for Chief of the Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking candidates who are excellent clinical cardiothoracic imaging specialists, innovative researchers, and enthusiastic educators.
Prospective candidates, Associate Professor or Professor, will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology and fellowship training in Cardiothoracic Radiology. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona.
The ideal applicant will be a committed leader and have deep clinical expertise in all aspects of Cardiac and Thoracic/Pulmonary Imaging, both from clinical and scientific perspectives. She or he will embrace the principles of leadership within a matrixed academic healthcare environment and the importance of developing an engaged and integrated faculty and staff in the interest of building and nurturing strong cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams. Growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets are important attributes as well as a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Health, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Candidatesshould possess experience and passion in caring for Cardiothoracic Imagingpatients, teaching and supervising medical students, residents and fellows, andthe ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment.Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstandingcollaborative patient care, advance the research mission of the department andcultivate a learning environment for the delivery of innovative education.
- Build a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service and leadership in research with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service
- Provide oversight to the members of the Division of Cardiothoracic imaging ensuring adequate weekday and call coverage and the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership, collaborating with management, staff, and other physicians with the goal to improve service and quality to meet institutional goals
- Provide instruction for the Residency, Fellowship and Medical Student educational programs by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases
- Represent the department in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging
- Develop, support, and participate in departmental research spanning clinical and translational aspects of cardiothoracic imaging
- Oversee faculty peer-review
- MD or equivalent by time of hire
- Arizona Medical License by time of hire
- Board Certified by time of hire
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Clinical FacultyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$335,000 - $385,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
8/2/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Maria Telles | [email protected]Open Date:
2/24/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.