Research Laboratory Coordinator - Department of Kinesiology and Community Health (142708)
Research Laboratory Coordinator
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health
College of Applied Health Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Kinesiology and Community Health is accepting applications for a Research Laboratory Coordinator. This position will support federally funded research grants through the coordination of research. This position also supports undergraduate research opportunities for students registered for course credit.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist on federally funded research projects, includes support for participant recruitment, research assistant training, communication with research collaborators at other sites, coordination of lab spaces for research projects, facilitate data entry procedures, supervising and training students working on these research projects, and other research activities as assigned
- Review of IRB application materials and all research certification processes
- Research dissemination activities
- Development of standardized research procedures and manuals
- Assist with research reports and presentations
- General lab tasks as assigned to support research efforts
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in Kinesiology & Community Health or related field
- Experience as Research Lab Coordinator in Community Health field for a minimum of 18 months
- Experience supervising undergraduate students
- Lab-related financial management experience
- CITI Certification
- GCP certification
- HIPAA certification
- Knowledge of research methods; MS Office software; TEM System; and older adults
- M.S. in Kinesiology & Community Health or related field
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPOINTMENT STATUS AND START DATE
This is a part-time (40%), 12 month Academic Professional appointment. As this position is grant funded, the percentage time could change up to and including full-time (100%) in the future. The proposed start is as soon as possible after the closing date.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by March 10, 2021. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references.
For more information about this position, applicants may contact AHS HR at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Applied Health Sciences Category:6-Research Title:Research Laboratory Coordinator - Department of Kinesiology and Community Health (142708) Open Date:02/24/2021 Close Date:03/10/2021 Organization Name:Kinesiology and Community Health