Adjunct Instructor Digital Media
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancies for the Fall 2021 semesters on the Adjunct Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Department: Fine Arts, Theatre Arts and Digital Media
Adjunct Instructor – Digital Media HV-ADJ-DigalMF21
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s Degree in the respective or related discipline from an accredited college or university; prior college teaching experience, especially with diverse students; ability and willingness to teach many of the Digital Media courses, such as digital imaging, introduction to graphic design, web art and design, video art, and other related courses to student majors and non-majors alike, when and if necessary. Previous experience and/or willingness to engage in distance learning is also preferred.
Qualified candidates in digital media will have experience with the use of new media in a fine arts context. Candidates must have demonstrable teaching experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• Digital Imaging using Adobe Photoshop CC along with experience in Digital Photography, scanning, large format ink jet printing, and drawing tablets.
• Graphic Design using Illustrator and InDesign, drawing tablets, and ink jet printing.
• Web Art and Design using Dreamweaver CC, HTML 5, CSS, and JQuery. The preferred applicant in this area will also have experience in interactive narratives or web documentaries.
• Video Art using Adobe Premier.
• Portfolio Development.
• Evidence of ongoing creative, research, or professional activities in the field.
In addition to a cover letter and application, please provide the following (via Url): current curriculum vitae and 20 examples of work from the applicant’s students (The students’ work must have been produced in the applicant’s classes.), 20 examples of personal art work, and a statement of teaching philosophy.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide classroom and online instruction in Digital Media.
• Evaluate student performance.
• At the direction of the Department Chairperson, faculty shall perform duties as specified in the Faculty Contract.
The Salary is $1,136.00 per contact hour.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer