Adjunct Automotive Technical Services
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancies for the Spring 2022 semester on the Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Adjunct Instructor –Automotive Technical Services (Applied Technologies) Department HV-ADJ-ATSF21
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: ASE Accreditation is required. Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a registered automotive repair facility. An Associate’s Degree in Automotive from an accredited institution required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ASE Master Technician Accreditation, manufacturer level training within field, Bachelor’s Degree in Education or other program from an accredited institution, and experience teaching within a vocational classroom setting are preferred.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide instruction in the Automotive degree program.
• Evaluate student performance.
• Develop curriculum within the Automotive programs.
• Engage with industry partners to build pathways for student recruitment, retention and employment.
• Participation on departmental, division wide, and college wide committees for the purpose of building community and fulfilling aspirations of professional development is encouraged and supported.
• At the direction of the Department Chairperson, faculty shall perform duties as specified in the Faculty Contract.
The Salary for this position is $1,136.00 per contact hour.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer