State Specialist in Family Resource Management
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The State Specialist in Family Financial Resource Management at the Kentucky State University Cooperative Extension Program (CEP), and College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Sciences (CACS) will provide leadership under the direction of the Family Consumer Sciences (FCS) Program Leader for developing, and implementing, statewide Family Financial Resource Management educational programming.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The State Specialist in Family Financial Resource Management is a member of the FCS team and will work directly with County based agents and staff. This position will provide educational programs at the state level in collaboration with the FCS Program Leader. The successful candidate is expected to: 1) develop nationally recognized Extension programs related to family and consumer sciences, specifically personal/family resource management; 2) develop factsheets, peer reviewed journal articles, and informational sheets; 3) successfully write grants for external funding to support Extension efforts and FCS programming; 4) demonstrate a commitment to working with minority and limited resource populations to solve problems; 5) design specific educational materials for hard to reach minority and underserved populations; 6) work with stakeholders planning, heirs property, and various land transfers; and; 7) contribute to the multi-functional, land-grant mission of the CACS through outreach, and engagement efforts with community stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (ex: duties that are essential to performing the job with or without accommodation)
• Program development and/or delivery related to family and consumer sciences, specifically personal/family resource management and small family farms.
• Experience with personal/family finance, housing education, entrepreneurship, small business development, poverty reduction, etc.
• Using various technology platforms for the creation and dissemination of educational webinars, on-line classes, and educational video productions.
• Develop educational programs related to estate planning, heirs property, and various land transfers.
• Develop grants for external funding to support Extension efforts and FCS programming.
• Development of extension publications (factsheets, informational sheets etc.) and other materials to support FCS extension programming.
• Coordinate, plan, conduct, and evaluate in-service trainings for county Extension professionals, in cooperation with leadership teams and specialists.
• Develop and make presentations for agent training and workshops related to family and consumer sciences, specifically personal/family resource management to stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt well to changing priorities, situations and day-to-day demands.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to effectively work with diverse populations.
• Must possess writing, communication and organizational skills.
• Commitment to continue personal professional development.
• Evidence of ability to build and maintain relationships and work effectively with clientele, advisory groups, and other professionals, etc.
• Share research-based results with stakeholders through Extension programs journal articles, and fact sheets.
• Demonstrated competency and effective use of computing and computer-based communications technology.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in designing, promoting, presenting and evaluating educational programs and the desire to program to reach diverse audiences.
OTHER DUTIES: The position will conduct other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ph.D. or M.Sc.in Family Financial Management, or Consumer Economics or similar degree area.
LICENSING and CERTIFICATIONS: Certification in Family Financial Management, and/or HUD Housing Counseling Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Extension program development process, evaluation, and reporting.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Understanding of the Cooperative Extension Strategic Plan and mission.
• Requires some standing or walking.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Extensive travel required.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.