Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry Status
The Department of Chemistry at Nebraska Wesleyan University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Biochemistry to begin August 2021. Nebraska Wesleyan, located in Lincoln, the capital city of Nebraska, is a nationally recognized liberal arts institution with approximately 2,000 undergraduate students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Nebraska Wesleyan offers a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology B.S., an ACS-certified Chemistry B.S. and a Chemistry B.A.
The position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employee’s dependents among other benefits.DepartmentChemistryResponsibilities
We encourage candidate who are prepared to teach all levels of undergraduate biochemistry. Other courses may include general chemistry, organic chemistry, and/or the candidate’s area of interest. The typical departmental teaching load is two lecture and three lab courses per semester. Preference will be given to candidates who will adopt a lead role in updating our biochemistry and molecular biology curriculum. The successful applicant will also be expected to mentor undergraduate students in research projects in biochemistry, participate in faculty governance, and assist in academic/career advisement of undergraduates.Qualifications
- Have received a doctoral degree in Biochemistry or closely related area by August 2021.
- Demonstrate a commitment to engaging, innovative, and evidence-informed teaching incorporating diverse instructional methods.
- Mentor undergraduate students in research experiences.
- Have a teaching philosophy that incorporates diversity and inclusion.
Upon hire, final rank will be determined by the Provost commensurate with experience and education.SalaryDOE/QCommitment to Diversity
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following to URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- a letter of interest outlining qualifications,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a statement of teaching philosophy and plans to involve undergraduate students in research,
- a statement how the candidate is able to enhance and embrace the University’s core values of diversity and inclusion,
- unofficial graduate transcripts,
- the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.