The Prospect Strategy & Research Analyst
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
000421NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Social Research Specialist - JourneyWorking Title:
The Prospect Strategy & Research AnalystSalary Range:
$45,131- $54,000Anticipate Hiring Range:
$45,131- $54,000FLSA Status:
University Advance Operations (Adm)Work Unit:
UA Business OperationsWork Schedule:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – Friday.Primary Purpose of Position:
The Prospect Strategy & Research Analyst is responsible for the overall coordination and entering of development officer proposals, strategies, and projects as recorded in Banner Advancement and other Prospect Management systems for tracking, analysis and planning purposes of the University Advancement Senior Staff; coordination of University Advancement prospect management practices with stated University Advancement Senior Staff and UNC Charlotte Foundation Board strategic mission/goals; Researching UNCCharlotte constituents for development purposes as needed; and on an as needed analysis projects basis as directed by the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement and/or Executive Director of Advancement Operations. This position reports to, and is supervised by, the Director of Prospect Strategy & Research.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Four-year degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience, or combination of training and experience necessary to perform the work.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Completion of coursework for a four-year college degree in a discipline related to the field assigned, and two years of progressively responsible experience in gathering, editing, and analyzing data for social and economic research, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Essential Job Duties:
• Oversee and review the daily task list of the Prospect Strategy & Research team to ensure all requests are handled and deadlines are met. Provide guidance to junior staff and supervise team in Director’s absence
• Meets proactive identification goals by uncovering high potential prospects through research or database analysis and write compelling profiles and summaries on the prospects for fundraisers to review, understand and pursue. Present these recommendations to the development staff, or other campus partners as appropriate
• Review research requests, which are sometimes vague, and determine which type of research needs to be performed, which research sources need to be utilized and which report formats are required. Advise division members on strategy and best course of action when the request is unclear
• Use quantitative and qualitative data to build models that assist in identifying new high potential prospects
• Analyze and interpret complex business and financial information
• Maintain and update the research project database and create reports on the number and type of research projects and the volume and type of projects by researcher
• Provide back-up support to the Director of Prospect Strategy & Research when necessary
• Supervise and train all student employees for the Prospect Strategy &Research Team, manage their workloads and schedules, and complete any timekeeping and reporting required. Complete evaluations and provide constructive feedback on performance as appropriate
• Generate reports, graphs, maps and statistics to measure progress qualifying prospects and advancing prospects
• Assist the Director of Prospect Strategy & Research in identifying new resources for research, data mining and electronic screenings
• Partner with the Director of Prospect Strategy & Research to implement strategy, trainings, and other processes that will enhance team efficiencies and overall divisional knowledge of team activities
• Train staff as necessary on new databases, methods, policies, or other new procedures
• Work as primary editor for Research Analyst reports
• Field divisional and university requests for research, assign individual requests for reactive research to Researchers
• Monitor workflow and manage request backlog
• Coordinate and monitor prospecting projects for team
• Maintain and seek new knowledge of prospect research techniques, resources and strategies, including oversight of Data Analytics Projects
• Assist fundraisers in reviewing and prioritizing their prospect portfolios and helping to create strategies for fundraiser’s prospects
• Prepare briefing materials for Chancellor cultivation meetings and events
• Work with college units, Alumni Affairs and others to understand their strategies and ideas. Recommend research projects and analyses to help them achieve their goals
• Work with the Data Analyst on the Prospect Strategy & Research team to implement prospect assignments, stage changes, qualifications, trustee engagement tracking, and other team procedures
• Work closely with University Advancement’s IT Services team to strategize and develop the Research Team’s server, software, databases, and electronic files and identify better ways for users to get profiles and reports directly
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Library Science, English, Business, Market Research or Communications. Master’s degree preferred.
• Three years direct research experience in a fundraising and/or higher education field or comparable experience in a research-oriented environment.
• Three years of direct experience in prospect management in a fundraising and/or higher education environment.
• Excellent writing and verbal communications.
• Proven skills and experience using data mining and predictive modeling analysis software (SPSS, SAS, Mini-Tab) and other statistical software.
• Ability to handle deadlines and changing priorities with good judgment.
• Well-developed sense of curiosity, ingenuity, perseverance and good judgment.
• Be self-motivated and a self-starter.
• A commitment to UNC Charlotte’s mission.
• Three to five years’ experience in public higher education with a concentration of experience in prospect research and prospect management.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with LexisNexis, iWave, ResearchPoint or similar systems.
• Experience with Banner Advancement system (or similar fundraising and donor CRM Software).
Foundation Building, Room 119Posting date:
03/09/2021Proposed Hire Date:
04/01/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.