Job Number: 88546
The Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology is a progressive and dynamic center for basic and translational science, clinical research, patient care, and teaching, where clinicians, scholars, investigators, and trainees work together to harness the power and resources of Stanford Medicine in the pursuit of excellence. We are currently looking for an Accounting Associate to help with Clinical Trial invoice processing, help with reconciliation of awards and preparing reports. This is a dynamic environment with ample opportunities for growth. The ideal person will have attention to detail and take responsibility for actions.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance. Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Compile, maintain, and review data and daily reports for accuracy. Generate standardized financial reports.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
- Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups.
- May be responsible for p-card administration, processing, travel cards and expendable reimbursements.
- May establish accounts in financial systems; prepare invoices.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with University policies, and federal regulations and requirements.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Additional Accounting certifications is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
- Experience in maintaining accounts and working experience in Enterprise systems is preferable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4440
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88546
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency