Adjunct Instructor- Economics
Under direct supervision of the Associate Dean, the primary responsibility is providing high quality instruction and assessment to students enrolled in Economics and/or Microeconomics courses. Must be familiar with the online learning management platform, Canvas, and be fully capable of designing and managing an online learning platform.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
• Ability to effectively deliver instruction, integrate technology into teaching of course material, work as part of a team, and use strong communication and organizational skills.
• Available to teach days, nights and in multiple formats (face-to-face, hybrid, internet)
• Must be open to feedback and have a growth mindset around instructional effectiveness.
• Must be accessible to students and maintain positive relationships with the various occupational programs at WCTC and with industry-related organizations and business.
• Must have demonstrated experience and success in planning, teaching and assessment using online course management systems.
Class formats include fully face to face, hybrid (50% in person, 50% online), online hybrid (50% through ZOOM, 50% online) and fully online.Minimum Qualifications
1. Master’s Degree in Economics or a Master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate level credits in Economics.
2. One year of post-secondary teaching experience required.
3. Post-secondary experience in designing, planning and implementing alternative delivery formats (internet, accelerated, hybrid) and using Canvas or similar learning management system.
4. Teaching experience, work experience or experience developing curriculum in the area of international or diversity studies desirable.
Desired Start Date: May 1, 2021
All applicants (both internal and external) must include the following to their completed online application for consideration, ( Applications that do not have the required attachments will not be considered)