University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Postdoctoral fellow to work on prostate cancer genomics and signaling. Procedures include perform CRISPR-mediated mutagenesis experiments in mouse and human cell lines and in vivo screening of cancer phenotypes. Computational biology and systems biology approaches to discover novel pathways. Prior experience in molecular biology, cloning and tissue culture required. Persons with demonstrated prior experience with CRISPR mutagenesis will be given preference. Minimum educational qualifications are a PHD in Molecular and Cell Biology or related field and prior lab experience as noted above.
- Perform molecular and cellular biology techniques, including CRISPR/CAS mutagenesis design and screening, PCR, western blotting, screening, isolation and mapping clones, plasmid sub cloning, isolation of DNA or RNA from cell lines and tumors.
- Cell culture techniques. Primary mouse stem cell isolation, human organoid cultures, cell line maintenance, flow cytometry.
- Review scientific journals, abstracts, and other research literature to obtain or verify additional information used in the design and development of original procedures or techniques related to the research projects.
- Utilize in vivo models in experiments, follow experimental protocols, monitor animals and maintain health records in accordance with USDA and other guidelines.
- Collect tissues and specimens for laboratory analysis; obtain samples, prepare, mount, and stain tissue, blood, and other substances for microscopic examinations.
- Comply with biohazard safety standards through proper handling of potentially hazardous chemical and biological agents in the workplace.
- Maintain inventory list, maintaining stocks of materials, reagents, cells maintenance and other miscellaneous related duties as required
- Develop an independent research program
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD in an area of biology or cell and molecular biology with a focus on cancer and/or cell signaling.
- Prior experience in molecular biology, cloning and tissue culture required. Persons with demonstrated prior experience with CRISPR mutagenesis will be given preference.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing