Coordinator, Off Campus Life
Job no: 515889
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Other, Student Affairs/Services
Department:07060000 - HO-OFF CAMPUS LIFE
Student Affairs Program CrdJob Description:
Coordinate and manage all aspects of Off Campus Life events and programming
- Create, develop, and implement events and programs for the UF community that address various topics such as off-campus housing search, transition programming for students, new student orientation, rental responsibilities, roommate and neighbor relationships, pet ownership and safety.
- Responsible for management and coordination of weekly and monthly events and programs including but not limited to program development and management, risk management, event staffing, and on-site event management.
- Responsible for coordinating space reservations, event supplies, securing rentals for each event, and processing any receipts and payments.
- Develop a strategic schedule for events and programming for the academic year that aligns with department mission, supports initiatives, and encourages collaboration between organizations, UF departments and City of Gainesville offices.
- Facilitate and maintain collaborative partnerships with Santa Fe College offices, Alachua County offices, City of Gainesville offices, and the UF community for the purpose of student engagement, education, transition and university member’s role and responsibilities in the community.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with appropriate university policies and guidelines related to general regulations and procedures, students, student organizations, safety, event permits and event management.
- Coordinate various aspects of the Discover Gainesville program series such as location selection, reserving/purchasing tickets, communicating with participants, reserving transportation/travel, and creating a risk management plan.
- Provide presentations that generate awareness for Off Campus Life events/programming or provide resources and information that may be helpful for students such as Preview (orientation) presentations, City of Gainesville presentations, UF office presentations, conference presentations and participation.
- Collect and analyze data to support or inform management decisions and unit goals related to events/programming and Off Campus Life.
- Provide programming, resources, services, support, and outreach to special student populations (e.g. graduate/professional, UF Online, PaCE, first-generation college students, international, faculty/staff) as appropriate.
- Provide one on one meetings with and respond to walk-in, phone call, and email questions from students, family members, faculty, staff, citizens, community members, UF and city offices and assist with tracking office outreach and contacts.
Responsible for coordinating outreach initiatives, area communications, and marketing strategies for unit
- Coordinate marketing plan for all events/programming working with division marketing team to ensure messaging and image are aligned with Off Campus Life’s mission and values for each event.
- Create, revise and edit unit print and digital materials including, but not limited to: press releases, event descriptions, social media content, Gator Times submissions, website content and annual report.
- Assist with content edits for the Gator Guide to Off Campus Life (OCL's annual magazine-style publication).
- Create and execute social media and communication plan to educate students on various topics that impact students living off-campus including, but not limited to: housing search, safety, roommate relationships, neighbor relations, city codes & state statutes, civic engagement, transportation, fun things to do in Gainesville and community service.
- Ensure collaboration with Divisional Marketing & Communications regarding content on all platforms; ensure messaging and image are aligned with department’s mission and values.
- Create and manage content for student e-newsletter, educational video series, and content for Off Campus Life website.
- Manage content for Off Campus Life Housing Locator service providing information to various property listers as needed.
Responsible for advising and supporting Off Campus Ambassadors student organization
- Responsible for advising office sponsored student organization which includes programming, fiscal management, contracts, risk management, promotion, program implementation, student organization registration, and training of student membership and volunteers.
- Provide weekly one on one meetings with officers and bi-weekly meetings with general members to help ensure communication and expectations of goals are known and met.
- Provide communication through a variety of platforms with members to allow for sharing of information, sign-up for events and tabling, and providing tracking of member responsibilities.
- Assist with recruitment, training, and guiding Off Campus Ambassadors ensuring appropriate dissemination and enforcement of applicable UF policies, procedures and guidelines.
Coordinate with Gainesville Community members
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including UF departments, Santa Fe College offices, City of Gainesville offices, local apartment property managers, landlords and local Gainesville business owners.
- Educate City of Gainesville offices, local community members, local apartment property managers and landlords on the range of resources provided to the UF community.
- Develop and maintain educational and social programming events for students living off-campus to help them connect with the City of Gainesville and learn about the rights and responsibilities of being a community member.
Responsible for management of administrative support functions
- Create data driven reports for stakeholders specific to Off Campus Life (e.g. average rental rates, annual reports, strategic plans); reports may include recommendations for improvements based on data analysis or information sharing.
- Maintain intake surveys and data collection tools to document trends in questions and customer service patterns and needs.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling student staff for area in addition to being responsible for administrative functions related to employee time approval and reporting
- Assist with managing day-to-day operation including establishing work priorities and workflow
- Assist with planning and implementing job training programs for employees on operation, safety, customer service, and related topics
Develop reports, handle special projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned
- Serve on Division of Student Affairs or University of Florida committees as needed.
- Serve on the City of Gainesville boards to represent Off Campus Life, UF and students living off-campus.
$42,000 Commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience advising student organizations or groups.
- Experience with event planning and on-site event management.
- Experience with marketing, graphic design and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with educational program development, learning outcomes and assessment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Demonstrated planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures
A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end dateHealth Assessment Required:
Advertised: 23 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Mar 2021 Eastern Daylight Time