Fire Safety Coordinator
Job no: 515871
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Law/Enforcement/Compliance, Other
Department:71010000 - EHS-ENVR / HLTH / SAFETY-ADMIN
Fire Safety CoordinatorJob Description:
- Inspects UF Buildings, Fraternities and Sororities for Fire Code Compliance and prepares reports to be submitted for correction of code violations.
- Reviews Fire Alarm Activity Logs to ensure proper maintenance of fire alarm systems in accordance with UF’s False Alarm Reduction program
- Supervises and assists with the Enhanced Radio System monitoring of all campus buildings.
- Provides assistance and oversight to the inspections of fire safety related items in new construction projects, and other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Associate in Science degree in Fire Science Technology and two years of responsible experience with a governmental agency or private organization, including enforcement or design work to meet required fire regulations, fire prevention inspections or development, and fire plan check or design of fire systems or 10 years as a Fire Marshal with a local municipality or state agency.
Must be certified as a Fire Safety Inspector 1 in accordance with Florida Statute 633.
Must attain State Fire Marshal's Class 1 portable fire equipment servicing permit and Class 4 pre-engineered suppression system servicing permit in accordance with FSS 633.061 within first year of employment.
Must posses a valid Florida Driver's License, complete a criminal background check, and complete a post-offer health assessment.Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION & TRAINNG:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction or Business Administration.
- NICET certification.
EXPERIENCE: Five years supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE: A thorough knowledge of the standard fire codes, blueprint reading and interpretation, construction terminology and techniques.
SKILLS: Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface with professionals such as architects, engineers, and construction workers.
- Ability to work with database reporting systems to insure compliance with required codes.
- Repeated bending
- Repeated climbing
- Exposure to areas with excessive noise
In order to be considered, you must upload your:
- Cover Letter
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 23 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 08 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time