Applications are being accepted for a full-time Business Analyst at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position is accountable and responsible for the formation or adjustment of processes of the Enterprise Systems major process of the Information Technology Support System subject to the constraints imposed by the Director of Enterprise Systems, MPTC District Board policy, State Board rules, law and professional ethical behavior. In addition, this position is accountable and responsible for the development and/or improvement of procedures which support the Network Services and the Application Development and Web Services major processes of the Information Technology Support System.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place March 12, 2021.
Beginning: April 2021
1. Work with functional users to develop appropriate system solutions and complete technology projects as outlined on the technology plan determined by PC and overseen by Unit Vice Presidents. Assist with the deployment of new systems including testing and user training. Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
2. Interview functional users to determine desired outcomes, identify and develop/improve processes if needed, research available functionality and formulate documentation supporting user information needs. Serve as a liaison between Information Technology, stakeholders, and users.
3. Develop technical specifications in accordance with quality standards, functional specifications and standard College procedures from which programs and applications will be developed or modified.
4. Support the modification of information systems through research and fact-finding. Utilize current processes and Information Technology advancements to automate and modernize systems.
5. Design, perform and facilitate user acceptance testing.
6. Support effective data and system management and work with Institutional Research and Reporting to ensure data integrity for compliance.
7. Instruct and monitor the work of Information Technology personnel on projects as assigned and within the framework of best practice project management.
8. Solve complex issues considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and format of desired results while complying with operational excellence and quality of service requirements. Analyze and improve complex system logic.
9. Document system changes; provide and maintain the required documentation for functional and technical processes.
10. Work on all phases of applications systems analysis activities. Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Minimum of four years of experience in a business analyst role with experience in business process analysis. Human Resources Information System and Finance Information System experience required; experience in higher education is preferred.
3. Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance and the creation of test and implementation plans.
4. Strong communication, project management, and multi-tasking skills are required.
5. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
6. Working knowledge of basic Information Technology principles in regard to networking, security, business intelligence, data storage, software development, and user support.
7. Ability to read, analyze and interpret College requirements and technical documentation.
8. Competency in graphing, diagramming and flowcharting business processes to be used for documentation, training, testing and development of specifications.
9. Ability to work in a team-based, highly participative quality environment.
10. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
11. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required. Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
12. Ability to work independently under pressure, exercising good judgment with minimum supervision.Benefits Summary
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program