Wells College seeks a talented and goal-oriented admissions professional to promote the values and strengths of Wells College to prospective first-year and transfer students, parents and families, school counselors, and other key audiences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/TASKS:
- Plan and coordinate recruitment activities to meet and exceed enrollment goals, including:
- Travel within assigned region: Travel approximately ten to twelve weeks to promote the college. Meet prospective students and parents; attend college fairs, college nights, and other programs; interview students; host receptions; develop ongoing working relationships with alumni, school counselors, independent consultants.
- Intentional outreach via text, phone, email and online video conference technologies.
- Participate in on-campus recruitment events including individual and group campus visits, open houses, scholarship and student leadership programs.
- Provide high quality customer service to prospective students and families. Correspond and maintain connections with prospective students through a full range of communications vehicles including video conference, letters, phone calls, interviews, e-mail, texts and personal visits. Counsel and advise students related to their college decision-making, answering their questions about Wells College.
- Serve as student and family advocate, discussing financial aid estimates and offers, academic interests, and fit for Wells College. Assist students and parents with admission and financial aid application process, advising/registration procedures, and all matters related to their enrollment.
- Review applications and provide recommendations for admission decisions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Additional responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Creating, posting and managing content for social media channels
- Assisting with coordination and setup of on-campus recruitment and yield events
- Coordinating and scheduling prospective student travel for yield events
- Creating admissions reports and providing admissions data to national surveys and higher education data collection organizations
- Serving as a liaison between the Admissions Office and college divisions
- Coordinating admissions alumni volunteer activities
- Assist support staff with projects as appropriately necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The candidate must possess:
- A passion for engaging with prospective students and families and a commitment to the value of private higher education rooted in the liberal arts
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to speak publicly and interact with students and families in person, over the phone, via text, email, online, through social media, and other formats
- Strong writing skills, the ability to work independently, handle confidential information in a professional manner, pay attention to details, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to form collaborative working relationships with others and contribute positively as a member of our team
A bachelor’s degree
Preference given to candidates who possess one or more of the following: