Director - Admissions
The Director of Admissions is responsible for oversight of the admissions department at Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU) and its team members, including their professional development. S/he is responsible for the design and implementation of a recruitment, communication, and conversion strategy from inquiry to enrolled with the goal of achieving a high enrollment yield rate for all current and future programs. These strategies include the supervision of hosting virtual and on-campus events (COVID-19 permitting), accountability for high level customer service both internally and externally, co-creating aligned messaging with the marketing department for the NDNU website, social media, print material, and all communications while managing the internal needs of processing admissions applications, and leading community outreach efforts.
The Director supervises all members of the admissions team, encourages a strength-based team approach to deliver high conversion rates at every stage in the admissions funnel, plans and executes funnel management strategies, including forecasts, to ensure a thoughtful and timely process for inquiries, applicants, admitted, and enrolled students. S/he is responsible for the compliance of all admissions policies and procedures.
The incumbent is responsible for meeting enrollment targets for fall, spring, and summer semesters in an academic year and leads the admissions department at NDNU. S/he will establish and maintain contact with internal and external constituent groups and have extensive knowledge of university admission requirements for each program.
NDNU seeks an experienced and affable leader with a track record of achieving enrollment targets who exhibits strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be a data driven decision maker, and will lead inclusive outreach efforts to increase enrollment at NDNU. This person must have professional acumen and cares about the experience of a future NDNU student.
- Oversees the communication with all inquiries, applicants, admitted, and enrolled students as well as internal and external constituent groups via email, telephone, text, Zoom, Skype or FaceTime to provide program or institutional information
- Addresses and resolves any departmental challenges
- Oversees the implementation of recruitment, outreach, communication, and conversion strategies for all NDNU programs
- Is responsible for the timely and consistent rendering of admissions decisions to all applicants to achieve high enrollment yield rates
- Delivers an enrollment management strategy, including forecasting, recruitment campaigns, and financial aid leveraging
- Collaborates with marketing to create an effective communications/conversion plan for prospective students
- Leads technology enhancements to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensures that all admissions team members maintain high level understanding of program requirements and admission criteria
- Analyzes admission trends and leads target strategies to improve student recruitment efforts
- Assumes other duties as assigned
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU. Please apply via ADP.
The University is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to non-discrimination in its hiring and other employment practices and in the application of its personnel policies. In compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists, employment decisions will be made irrespective of the staff member's race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except for minors), sex, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, sexual orientation, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic condition), disability and/or any another status protected by law. When necessary, the University will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, if the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position and if it will be done without undue hardship to the University.