Reporting to the Chief Officer of Governance, Advancement & Community Relations, the Foundation Director is responsible for managing and updating fundraising systems and all financial operations including oversight and execution of the Foundation’s strategic fund development plan, audit standards, financial expenditures and reporting.
The Foundation Director plans, coordinates, and implements the foundation/development function in coordination with the President, Chief Officer of Advancement and other key college constituents. The Foundation Director also oversees the annual fund, donor relationship management and events to achieve fundraising targets, generating revenue from individuals, grantors, government, organizations and businesses.
Staff Required Education/Experience:
• Minimum four years of directly related experience in fund development or related field
• Bachelor’s or higher Degree in fundraising/non-profit management, marketing, communications, business or related area
• Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) accreditation
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated fundraising success from diverse funding sources
• Established knowledge of fundraising principles, practices and methodology
• Exceptional communication and influencing skills; persuasive, credible and polished communicator both written and verbal
• Self-starter with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks, meet deadlines
• Experience with board and staff management, engagement and development
• Writing proposals and reports; interpreting complex gift guidelines
• Subscribe to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ (AFP) Code of Ethical Standards
• Ability and proficiency to create accurate data reports
• CRM and data management software expertise
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
• Willingness and ability to work varied hours, including some nights and weekends
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and appropriately collaborate with others in prospect and donor research, identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and retention processes.
- Develop and deliver a clear, compelling case for support for the college and appropriate projects.
- Engage in and create networking opportunities and community engagement involvement that will create a greater awareness of the College/Foundation, including detailed and strategic calendar management in alignment with the schedules of the President, Chief Officer and donor(s).
- Identify funding opportunities and connect donors to giving initiatives which fulfill their giving priorities.
- Coordinate and systematize donor outreach and stewardship strategies which strengthen donor relationships.
- Promote the College to donors, charitable foundations, corporations, State and Federal agencies, and/or other applicable organizations via collaborations and partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that events, marketing pieces, calendar planning and other initiatives include their input and approval.
- Develop and implement best practice systems, leveraging staff, board and volunteers to meet fundraising objectives.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the College’s strategic plan, its programs and current/long-term objectives.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate fundraising events.
- Provide oversight, operational leadership and software expertise for Foundation customer relationship management system and financials/audit practices in compliance with audit and accounting standards.
- Manage the Foundation’s scholarship, grant and project awards, expenditures and reporting in accordance with donor wishes.
- Ensure fiscal best-practices in partnership with the Foundation Treasurer and accountant order to achieve unqualified annual Foundation audits and accurate financial statements.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team and Foundation Board to lead the creation and implementation of development strategy.
- Plan for and attend board/committee meetings; prepare information (including presentations) and recommendations for the consideration of the Board.
- Together with the Chief Officer of Advancement and the President, educate and train board members in donor cultivation and fundraising best practices.
- Collaborate with the Chief Advancement Officer and Foundation Treasurer to prepare analytic reports that synthesize financial progress and trends of fundraising activities
Min Salary: $66,014
Max Salary: $85,817
Salary Type: Annually
Work Hours: Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Posting Date: 02/22/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: All applicants will be asked to include a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references. All material will be kept confidential. No phone calls please.