Executive Assistant, Office of the Provost
Executive Assistant, Office of the ProvostPosition Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
The Executive Assistant, Office of the Provost, provides administrative and coordination support for the day-to-day operations of the Provost’s Office and its organizational leadership. The administrative professional position requires maintaining confidentiality and extensive flexibility to effectively balance office reception, multiple calendar scheduling, meeting/event preparation and support, document approvals, systematic record-keeping, and special research projects. The Executive Assistant provides the support above to the Provost and Vice Provosts. This position reports to the Provost.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Manages day-to-day operations of the office (e.g., office reception; greet/direct/announce visitors, screens telephone contacts, responds to inquiries, troubleshoots, and addresses concerns; familiarity with services provided by colleges and departments for responses to questions and referrals; maintains filing system and systematic record-keeping and archiving; ensures safekeeping of confidential and personal information materials; audit/order office and kitchen supplies; monitor/request repairs for office equipment and furniture, etc.)
- Acts as liaison between students, staff, and faculty in matters related to the Provost’s Office. As needed, troubleshoot inquiries addressed to the Provost and Vice Provosts.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all records, materials, and matters related to the Office of the Provost.
- Schedules and manages appointments, speeches, attendance at university functions, and makes necessary travel arrangements for the Provost and Vice Provosts.
- Receives and returns documents needing signature approval from the Provost and Vice Provosts.
- Receives and reports monthly time off reports for administrative professionals to the Provost and Payroll by a specific deadline.
- Schedules reservations for the Founders Hall 214A Conference Room.
- Coordinates and directs (when necessary) office-related meetings, trainings, lectures, and events for the Office of the Provost. Develop announcements, invitations, university website postings, etc. for these events. Provides administrative support (scheduling, agenda-setting, and note-taking) to office-related meetings as requested.*
- Research files, materials, departments, special projects, etc. for the Provost, Vice Provosts (when necessary).
- Coordinates registration for faculty, staff, and students attending conferences or trainings on behalf of the Office of the Provost.
- Works before and after official business hours to support events and meetings and prepare materials (when necessary).
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years experience working in higher education.
- 2 years administrative support role for a high-level administrator.
- 2 years expert proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- 2 years proficiency with Banner and other data entry/analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use tact and discretion, to maintain confidentiality, to interact diplomatically, and to maintain neutrality when working with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize needs; exercise flexibility to meet planned and unplanned deadlines.
- Ability to support and empathize with historically under-represented populations.
- Business, marketing, and event planning experience.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190709SAOpen Until Filled: