Clinical Research Assistant
The University of Maryland Department of Psychiatry has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Research Assistant. The Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with the performance of research projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects and collection and organization of data. This position will report to the Division of Addiction Research and Treatment.
This Exempt, Regular position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. Essential Functions:
- Assist with preforming data collection by conducting research interviews, reviewing medical charts, and accessing computerized medical information systems. Assists with recruiting and screening subjects for research studies according to IRB approved protocols.
- Assist in verifying participant eligibility; obtains consent and enrollment; and assures accurate demographic information for follow-up.
- Assist with data analysis and interpretation, and the development of statistical reports of study data using descriptive statistics using SAS, STATA, and SPSSS software. Assists in developing, submitting, and providing content for grants, papers, abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations. Conducts and analyzes literature searches.
- Assist the Principle Investigator and other research personnel in the development of research protocols and materials by providing study analysis and forming conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist with preforming administrative duties. Maintains communication with participants and colleagues regarding protocol specific information and research orders. May also assist with providing assessments and ensuring protocol compliance while participants are in a study.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a scientific field of study related to the research of the clinical setting.
Experience: Prior clinical research experience preferred.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education. The Hiring Range for this position is in the low to mid $40,000s, commensurate with education and experience. If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 8, 2021, 10:59:00 PM