Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (NTE) (Part Time) (Multiple Positions)
Family and Community MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) at the University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, has research faculty positions in any of the areas of: clinical research in primary and ambulatory care, clinical trials, observational studies, community-based participatory research, treatment and prevention of obesity and related disorders, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disorders, tobacco and substance abuse, cancer prevention and control, cancer survivorship, behavioral health, health disparities, health of people with disabilities.Duties & Responsibilities:
Dependenton rank (Assistant, Associate, Full Professor), appointment requires thedemonstration of (potential for) independence in research as substantiated by,in some combination a profile of evidence (and further promise) of publicationin peer-reviewed journals, the (potential for or) award of competitivefellowships or grants, presentations at scientific meetings, scientific peerreview, editorial service, and other markers of research and innovation.
Thesuccessful candidate(s) will be expected to build collaborative relationshipswithin DFCM with clinical faculty, and community partners. They will also beexpected to mentor a growing group of clinical colleagues interested inclinical research, of junior research colleagues, of residents with a researchinterest, and/or of students from affiliated academic health sciences programsin the context of the candidate(s) evolving research programs.
- Seek extramural funding for research in DFCM’s priority areas (see above) by developing and submitting research grant proposals to appropriate funding agencies; as Principal Investigator, partner with clinical and research faculty to form research teams, develop research plans, write funding proposals, and implement and disseminate studies.
- Work with residents, clinical faculty, and other colleagues in research project development and grant proposal writing, project implementation, and dissemination of results through scientific publication and presentations.
- Mentor residents and medical students in study design, analytics, dissemination, and translation to practice.
- Engage in teaching activities (e.g. guest lectures) for residents and graduate students.
- Disseminate research findings through peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations, and invited lectures.
- Participate on appropriate departmental and/or College of Medicine committees, and professional organization committees as appropriate.
- MD, PhD, or an equivalent doctoral degree with demonstrated research experience and an emerging or established track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals and obtaining extramural funding.
*PhD in relevant field; MD or DO with relevant research training.Rank :
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
1 - 19.6Job FTE:
.025 - .49Work Calendar:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
Commensurate with AAMC benchmarksCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
5Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Lina Chavez | [email protected] | (520) 626-7864Open Date:
2/10/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.