Multimedia Specialist II
Education - Dean's OfficeDepartment Website Link:
1430 E 2nd Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona, College of Education seeks a creative and experienced multimedia content creator to join our team. This role is responsible for all aspects of production for the college's instructional, marketing, and event-based projects. Work with our fantastic faculty to create compelling instructional videos in our green screen studio, live stream to Facebook, YouTube, or our website from our interview set, and go on-location for multi-camera live productions. This position combines both ENG and EFP production styles, depending on the needs of the project.
Our ideal candidate will have experience producing video, graphics, and still photography that tell compelling stories using strong visuals and sound. The Multimedia Specialist II might assist faculty in creating mini-lectures in the morning and spend the afternoon shooting or editing a crowdfunding campaign video for one of our outreach projects. Regardless of the type of project, we are looking to create effective communication that advances the college's vision and goals. Expect to have multiple projects going simultaneously and at all stages of production. This position reports to the Director of Digital Initiatives and works with our Instructional Specialist Coordinator to crew productions from our student support team.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pre-production: Works with faculty and staff to create scripts, shot sheets/storyboards, scouts and reserves locations, and develops production plans.
- Production: Work in our multimedia production studio and on location to capture video, audio, and photos to meet the project's goals. Create motion graphics, lower thirds, and full screens to support the storytelling according to university and college branding strategies.
- Post-production: Organizes and edits all assets of production into a compelling story. Utilizes royalty-free music, natural sound, and narration to enhance storytelling. Post videos to a variety of services, including Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook. Archives video and photography projects for reuse.
- Live Production: Direct or serve as the primary camera operator for multi-camera live event production, including awards, convocation ceremonies, and special events.
- Operates still and video cameras for instructional, marketing, and event-based projects.
- Sets up lighting and audio equipment for both studio and location-based projects.
- Sets up, manages, and maintains the technical equipment associated with special events to ensure all audio-visual requirements are met.
- Processes and edits photographs and videos using digital editing systems.
- Archives and inventories video and photo assets in a redundant and robust system, ensuring data integrity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Masteryof Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
- Mastery of fieldlighting and sound capture techniques
- Familiarity withmedia management and video archiving best practices
- Familiarity with Color correction aplus
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Production
- Three years of work experience in media production
•Experience as a documentary storyteller
•Experience with Motion or After Effects
•Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator or equivalents
•Experience producing multimedia content for key social media channels such as Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
•Experience with live, multi-camera video production, including camera operation, sound mixing, graphics, and switching.
•Experience with A/V equipment, including projectors, PAs, and presentation computers.
•Experience as a clear and concise communicator who works well independently and as a member of a team.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Michael Griffith, Search Committee ChairDirector, Digital [email protected]Open Date:
2/23/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
1. Cover Letter2. Resume3. Link to demo reelDiversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.