ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - TALENT ACQUISITION
LOCATION: DURHAM, NC
General Description of the Job Class
In support of a department or group of professionals, regularly required to resolve moderately complex (non-routine) administrative problems independently or with others. Problem resolution may include research. Tasks are typically diverse and advanced.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- In addition to tasks outlined in the Administrative Clerk description, examples ofwork at this level may typically include some combination of thefollowing:
- Independently prepare more complex documentation, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets at designate intervals and as requested.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Research budget variance and follow up to resolve issues.
- Develop advanced presentation materials.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements. Calendar maintenance – primarily for AVP, support ad hoc needs of ADs.
- Departmental Supply Maintenance/Ordering.
- Act as a liaison between the department and external groups.
- Explain policy/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the company and department guidelines.
- Collect,compile and analyze moderately complex data and information.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school education or equivalent.
Preferences: Four year degree
Two years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity
Prefers Duke, or HR experience. Calendar Management Support.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Creatively uses PC, word processing and other office tools.
- Thorough knowledge of department policies, procedures, and goals.
- Strong communication
- Great customer service
- Exercise good judgement
- Tech savvy
- Sense of urgency
- Problem solver
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.