Executive Assistant, Office of the Provost
University of La Verne
Executive Assistant, Office of the Provost
Job Description Summary:
The Executive Assistant, Office of the Provost, provides administrative and coordination support for the day-to-day operations of the Provost's Office and its organizational leadership. The administrative professional position requires maintaining confidentiality and extensive flexibility to effectively balance office reception, multiple calendar scheduling, meeting/event preparation and support, document approvals, systematic record-keeping, and special research projects. The Executive Assistant provides the support above to the Provost and Vice Provosts. This position reports to the Provost.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Manages day-to-day operations of the office (e.g., office reception; greet/direct/announce visitors, screens telephone contacts, responds to inquiries, troubleshoots, and addresses concerns; familiarity with services provided by colleges and departments for responses to questions and referrals; maintains filing system and systematic record-keeping and archiving; ensures safekeeping of confidential and personal information materials; audit/order office and kitchen supplies; monitor/request repairs for office equipment and furniture, etc.)
- Acts as liaison between students, staff, and faculty in matters related to the Provost’s Office. As needed, troubleshoot inquiries addressed to the Provost and Vice Provosts.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all records, materials, and matters related to the Office of the Provost.
- Schedules and manages appointments, speeches, attendance at university functions, and makes necessary travel arrangements for the Provost and Vice Provosts.
- Receives and returns documents needing signature approval from the Provost and Vice Provosts.
- Receives and reports monthly time off reports for administrative professionals to the Provost and Payroll by a specific deadline.
- Schedules reservations for the Founders Hall 214A Conference Room.
- Coordinates and directs (when necessary) office-related meetings, trainings, lectures, and events for the Office of the Provost. Develop announcements, invitations, university website postings, etc. for these events. Provides administrative support (scheduling, agenda-setting, and note-taking) to office-related meetings as requested.*
- Research files, materials, departments, special projects, etc. for the Provost, Vice Provosts (when necessary).
- Coordinates registration for faculty, staff, and students attending conferences or trainings on behalf of the Office of the Provost.
- Works before and after official business hours to support events and meetings and prepare materials (when necessary).
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years experience working in higher education.
- 2 years administrative support role for a high-level administrator.
- 2 years expert proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- 2 years proficiency with Banner and other data entry/analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use tact and discretion, to maintain confidentiality, to interact diplomatically, and to maintain neutrality when working with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize needs; exercise flexibility to meet planned and unplanned deadlines.
- Ability to support and empathize with historically under-represented populations.
- Business, marketing, and event planning experience.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency