Fund Administration Associate
Fund Administration Associate
Job Number: 88529
Fund Administration Associate
Stanford Management Company (SMC), the University's investment office, is responsible for managing the University's endowment funds, which provide critical financial support to current and future generations of students and scholars, supplying over one fifth of the University's operating budget each year. SMC pursues a long-term, global, multi-asset class investment strategy that couples disciplined asset allocation with superior active management. The investment portfolio is designed to optimize long-term returns, create meaningful annual payouts to the University's operating budget, and preserve purchasing power for future generations of Stanford scholars and academics. With Stanford University's brand and SMC's reputation as a thoughtful, long-term source of capital, SMC is able to partner with the best investment firms in the world to drive superior returns.
SMC is seeking an organized and detail-oriented Fund Administration Associate who will report to the Director of Investment Operations. This position will play an integral part in administering the information flow of SMC's external managers and providing timely and accurate investment information to the investment team. The ideal candidate is highly productive and efficient with strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Maintain the integrity of SMC's investment data for externally managed funds and direct investments
- Analyze and process investment transactions, including capital calls, distributions, and management and incentive fee accruals
- Process and validate investment level performance estimates and valuations by coordinating with third-party relationships to ensure accurate and timely information is captured
- Set up new investments in the system by working with the investment team to understand key investment properties and benchmarks, reading legal documents, and entering fee and liquidity terms
- Monitor team inbox and respond to requests accordingly
- Perform investment, cash, and unfunded commitment reconciliations
- Deposit key manager materials on SMC's internal data storage system to allow for the investment staff to easily access important reports in a timely manner
- Support all asset classes (marketable securities, natural resources, real estate, and private equity)
- Work closely with the investment team, reporting, and investment operations teams and communicate with various teams across SMC and the University as necessary
- Assist IT team with testing new systems or upgrades to existing systems
- Participate on SMC and portfolio administration project teams
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree plus four years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
*A background check will be required for all final candidates.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4442
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 88529
Location: Stanford Management Company, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://m.rfer.us/STANFORDyoLDVc
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency