Part-time Faculty - Biology
Job Title: Part-time Faculty - Biology
Location: UNG - Blue Ridge Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224349
The vision for the Blue Ridge Campus is to offer a variety of educational pathways that meet the needs of the region, to include dual-enrollment courses for high school students, continuing and professional education programs for adult learners, and a full-time cohort-based program for first-time freshmen with courses that will enable students to complete degrees in regional high-demand disciplines. This cohort model may include learning communities and an innovative interdisciplinary curriculum that builds the skills necessary for success in college-level work and uses the region as a context for learning in and out of the classroom. The university will support student success through financial counseling, mandatory advising, and a required pre-college summer program.Job Summary The University of North Georgia invites applications for a part - time faculty position in the department of Biology. Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include teaching both non–majors biology courses and human anatomy and physiology.
- The teaching load is four (4) to eight (8) credit hours per semester.
- M.S. is required. Ph.D. at the time of hire in biology or a related discipline is preferred.
- Teaching experience, particularly in the field of anatomy and physiology, at the college level is preferred.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching anatomy and physiology.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.