Student Services Prog Mgr II (Asst Dir, Leadership Programs)
The Assistant Director of Student Involvement for Leadership Programs serves in an important administrative leadership role in Student Involvement serving a highly diverse student population. This position provides vision and oversight to student-focused leadership development initiatives that infuse a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Assistant Director works with colleagues from across campus to develop and implement leadership development programs and offerings to prepare students to positively impact the campus, state, and world during college and after graduation. The incumbent in this position will advance institutional goals through the promotion of curricular and co-curricular frameworks and infrastructure for campus-wide leadership development that falls within the mission of UW-Milwaukee and the Division of Student Affairs. This position will provide supervision to one or more professional staff members (e.g., Coordinator for Greek Life and Leadership) and several graduate-level and undergraduate student staff.
The qualified applicant will possess:
- Masters degree in higher education administration, educational leadership, student affairs administration, leadership degree, counseling, MBA, or a related field.
- Evidence of a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Three or more years of related experience beyond the completion of a masters degree.
The well-qualified applicant will possess:
- Evidence of expertise in leadership program development.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating training or development programs.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise professional staff.
- Evidence of knowledge of fraternity/sorority life.
- Demonstrated knowledge and capacity for program assessment.