Property Security Officer
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
010915NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Property Security Officer - JourneyWorking Title:
Property Security OfficerSalary Range:
$31,200 - $34,408Anticipate Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $32,522FLSA Status:
Housing and Residence Life (Adm)Work Unit:
Housing and Residence LifeWork Schedule:
Third shift 11pm-7am with rotating days off.
Weekend work required.
This is a Mandatory employee position. This employee is designated as mandatory and when contacted to report to work is expected to reach the campus as expeditiously as possible using normal precautions as dictated by the adverse weather conditions.Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides security to resident students and their guest or visitors. Enforces Housing and Residence Life policies and patrols residence halls to ensure coverage of all residences.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalency and demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Some positions may require valid N.C. driver’s license.
University Preferred Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalency and one year experience in security enforcement or protection work. Some positions may require valid N.C. driver’s license.Essential Job Duties:
Provides security to resident students and their guests or visitors. Enforces Housing and Residence Life policies and patrols residence halls to ensure coverage of all residences.Other Work Responsibilities:
UNC Charlotte, the Division of Student Affairs and the Department of Housing and Residence Life value diversity, equity and inclusion. Housing and Residence Life employees are evaluated, in part, according to their ability to reach specific diversity, equity and inclusion performance goals.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
The preferred candidate will have at least five years of security related experience and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Google g-mail.
Prior security experience required to include the following:
- Observe and report incidents that may occur
- Provide safety and security for property and persons
- Make frequent foot patrols of interior and exterior of assigned areas
- Observe entrance and exits of assigned areas
- Enforce policy and procedures
- Prepare proper documentation such as log sheets and incident reports
- Follow department procedures in all types of responses
Willingness to work 3rd shift.
Interview/ work history
A good knowledge of Security.
A willingness to work in a team environment. Ability to communicate well with others.
A good work History-attendance, tardiness, telephone reference, years of service.Necessary Licenses or Certifications:
Some positions may require valid N.C. driver’s license.Work Location:
Varies, Housing buildingsPosting date:
02/28/2021Proposed Hire Date:
03/29/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents are used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from consideration, but it may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.