Job no: 495959
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Student Affairs
The Citadel, a state-assisted, comprehensive, coeducational, senior military college and one of the most respected academic institutions in higher education, announces a search for Registrar.
The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, founded in 1842, is located in the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina, and is a unit of the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education and maintains SACSCOC accreditation. The Citadel has a rich history of academic excellence and an enduring legacy of developing principled leaders. The mission of The Citadel is accomplished through five academic schools. The college has a wide range of baccalaureate degree programs and offers nine master’s degrees, a specialist in education and certifications in 25 concentrations.
The Registrar under limited supervision, directs all facets of the operations of the Registrar's Office including student registration and records, class schedules, instructional space assignments, graduation clearance, and other related matters as described below:
• Establishes and implements short- and long-range department goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement as part of an ongoing assessment and continuous improvement process.
• Recommends and participates in the development, implementation, and enforcement of college policies and procedures regarding student registration, records, transfer credit, class schedules, instructional space scheduling, residency requirements, NCAA eligibility, and graduation requirements.
• Develops, implements, supervises and evaluates the processes and procedures involved in maintaining student academic records. Oversees the daily maintenance of student records.
• Responsible for the planning, development, implementation, documentation, administration, and maintenance of the Degree Audit Reporting System (Degree Works) for the College.
• Oversees implementation of integrated student systems directly related to the Office of the Registrar to include registration, class scheduling, degree audits, academic history, reporting, validation tables, self-service, etc.
• Serves on institutional committees in various capacities relevant to the academic standards and records operation of the College. Ensures compliance of and maintains curricular revisions approved by the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Graduate Committee, and Faculty Senate.
• Represents the College locally, regionally, and nationally through membership and participation in appropriate professional organizations. Serves as a liaison between the campus and the general public, parents, and alumni.
• Supervises staff and directs the daily operations of the Office of the Registrar.
• Keeps abreast of operational and reporting trends, regulations, and technology solutions for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Office of the Registrar.
• Data owner of Banner student information; Controls security of Banner student information. Verifies grade point averages for Academic Probation and Academic Criteria for Continuance.
• Supervises NCAA continuing eligibility requirements and certification of athletes. Stays current on relevant NCAA rules and regulations.
• Develops and manages annual budgets for the Office of the Registrar and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
• Enforces the provision of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Oversees the confidentiality of student records and dissemination of information.
• Institutional administrator for National Student Clearinghouse.
• Certifies student eligibility for graduation.
• Applies technology to the functions of the Registrar's Office in order to streamline processes and increase efficiencies.
• Earned master’s degree from an accredited university.
• Seven years of progressively more responsible administrative experience in a comprehensive registration and records office.
• Experience with information systems typically managed by the registrar including degree-audit, classroom scheduling and student records management.
• Experienced in extracting data and writing operational student information reports.
• Record of ethical behavior and integrity.
• Proven and demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact verbally and in writing with diverse constituencies including students, faculty and administrators; to facilitate teamwork among staff and in committees; and to foster effective working relationships internally and externally with schools, colleges, organizations and agencies.
• Master’s degree preferably in higher education, management, information systems or field relevant to the registrar’s duties.
• Understanding of the functional areas of the Office of Registration and Records including classroom scheduling, the university catalog, student records management, data reporting and commencement.
• Demonstrated leadership experience related to the functions of the registrar.
• Experience with the compliance functions of the registrar including regulations, policies and procedures related to FERPA, GDPR, NCAA reporting and other student records management.
• Demonstrated experience with budget formation and management.
• Evidence of identifying and championing opportunities for improving student-centered administrative policies and processes.
• Evidence of effective administrative skills, with a capacity to develop staff and build teams within an organization.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with credentials and experience. Applications should include cover letter, resume and the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references. Review of applications will begin on March 15, 2021, and continue until an appointment is made.
If you should have any questions concerning this position please feel free to contact: Carla DeMille at either (843)953-5007 or by email at [email protected].
The Citadel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer actively committed to ensuring diversity in all campus employment.
Advertised: Feb 22 2021 Eastern Standard Time