Instructor - Civil Engineering and Mathematics
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancies for the Fall 2021 semester on the Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a physical and background check.
Instructor – Civil Engineering Technology and Mathematics HV-FAC-01 Fall21
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering and BS in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology. The applicant must have knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office.
Preferred: Professional Engineers License. Previous teaching experience in a post-secondary institution. Experience teaching remote or online.
Notice: This position is grant funded under the PRODiG grant (https://www.suny.edu/prodig/). Applicants must qualify for the PRODiG grant. Please be familiar with the grant prior to submitting an application.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Instructor reports to the Department Chair of Engineering, Architecture, Construction and Mathematics and performs the following duties:
• Provide instruction in the Civil Engineering, Construction, Architecture and Mathematics areas covering AutoCAD, MS Office, Land Surveying, Soils and Foundations, Hydraulics and Drainage, Blue Print Reading, College Level Trigonometry, College Level Algebra.
• Evaluate student performance for ABET accreditation and college assessment requirements.
• Participation in student career pathways assisting in transfer and industry job opportunities.
• Participation on departmental, division wide, and college wide committees for the purpose of building community and fulfilling aspirations of professional development is encouraged and supported.
• At the direction of the Department Chairperson, faculty shall perform duties as specified in the Faculty Contract.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer